Chapter 36

"Rip away," Nye had said. Where should I start?

I might have been a little forward in my words, and my hands were twitching, but I wasn't used to this. Edward had been a strictly missionary man, and from the way Nye gazed down at me, I guessed his tastes ran more to the Kama Sutra.

My mouth went dry as liquid pooled between my legs. Nye lay down beside me, propped up on one elbow, the contours of his face lit by the first rays of sun shining in through the floor-to-ceiling windows that led to the terrace.

He'd changed out of his smoky T-shirt and into a checked button-down in the office, and I slid both hands underneath it. His breath hitched as I ran my hands across his stomach, his abs tensing at my touch. A smattering of hair led downwards under his belt, and I fumbled to open the buckle.

"What happened to the ripping, Liv?"

"Uh..."

"This is how you do it." He reached up and tore my top in two, then flicked my bra across the room with an ease I didn't want to think about.

Sod it. I grabbed his shirt and yanked, wincing as buttons flew across the room. A couple plinked as they hit the window, and I grimaced. Who would pick those up? If someone trod on one barefoot, it was going to hurt.

Good grief, Olivia. Forget tidying for five seconds, would you?

Nye rolled us over, trapping me underneath him as his hardness dug into my stomach. A groan escaped my lips as he did bad things with his tongue, and my core pulsed in time with his strokes. Freaking hell, why wouldn't these leggings come off?

Luckily, he helped me out, or perhaps unluckily, seeing as they were the only item of clothing I had left. My knickers soon followed, flung across the room where they hooked themselves over a lamp by the door to the en-suite bathroom. Good thing the bulb wasn't lit—it would have been a fire hazard, and I'd had enough flames for one day. Not one of the dozen firemen had been a patch on Nye, either.

I found his zipper and slid it down slowly, eager and nervous at the same time. Nye raised his hips to give me better access, and I slipped a hand into his boxers and felt him for the first time, skin on skin. A pulse beat through him, perfectly in time with my own, and I ran a thumb over the tip.

"Easy, Liv. If you keep that up, I won't last long."

But I didn't stop, and suddenly my hand was empty. Nye had shifted down the bed with a speed that belied his size, and when he looked up with a cheeky grin, I realised what he was about to do.

"You're a bad girl, babe, and you need to be taught a lesson."

Before I could protest, he swiped his tongue along my centre and sucked gently on the magic spot. I hadn't been far from the edge, and that tipped me over it. The throb turned into fireworks as I let out a squeal like a cat in pain. Ouch. I slammed my mouth shut and bit my tongue, and the squeal turned into a yelp. Way to go, Olivia. Girls never sounded like that in the movies.

Nye must have had a problem with his hearing because he didn't even cringe. Instead, he grabbed a condom from the nightstand and covered up. This was really happening.

"Are you sure that'll fit?" I asked, eyes wide. Suddenly, I felt more nervous than I'd been all night, and considering I'd nearly died, that was saying something.

He didn't speak, just positioned himself at my entrance and flexed his hips.

Oh holy shit, it did fit, but only just. I'd never felt this full. He slid out a tiny bit, then pushed back in, testing.

"You okay?"

I couldn't speak. My entire vocabulary had deserted me. I managed a nod, and he brought his mouth down on mine, his tongue moving in time with his cock as he taught me what a real man could do in bed. Beside Nye, Edward was a mere amateur.

My toes curled as I came for the second time, and I clutched at the thousand-thread-count sheets as I thanked the asshole who'd tried to ruin my life for delivering Nye to me. The man who went against everything I'd ever wished for, yet managed to fulfil fantasies I hadn't even had.

Nye gave a quiet grunt as he came, and a glow spread through me. Not just the heat of lust, but the warmth of a new relationship built on friendship and respect rather than fancy clothes and a shared love of fine wines. This man meant everything.

And he didn't speak, just kissed me softly on the lips before trailing his tongue down my jawline. When he blew on me gently, I shivered.

"You okay?"

"I'm... I don't even have words."

Nye twitched inside me, softer now, and as our breath mingled, I got the urge to do something I'd always hated doing with Edward.

"Can I taste you?" I whispered.

"Fuck me, is it Christmas again already?"

Christmas, my birthday, Easter, Valentine's, Hanukkah, Thanksgiving, but definitely not Independence Day. I didn't want to be alone anymore.

Nye peeled off the condom and dropped it onto the floor—something else to clean up later.

Dammit, Olivia, stop with the OCD.

The only thing I should be cleaning was Nye, with my tongue. So I did, and I discovered my new favourite thing to eat.

Better even than chocolate. I gave it one last lick. Maybe next time I could mix the two: Nye and chocolate. Who needed three Michelin stars when you had that combination?

"What are you thinking, babe?"

I felt heat rise in my cheeks, and he laughed.

"That bad?" he asked.

"I'm beginning to see the merits in a little naughtiness."

"With you on that."

Chocolate sauce was definitely going on the shopping list for tomorrow, and maybe some whipped cream. I could get a piping bag and...

Nye went at me again with his tongue, and this time I managed to gasp his name. Before I could blink, all other thoughts flew from my mind.

What did I need them for, anyway?

All that mattered tonight was us.