Chapter 1: The decision

Sonic was used to moving between dimensions and thought he would be stuck doing so forever. Sonic found the Shatter Realm strange because he had previously traveled through five different realms, yet hadn't found his way home. Despite the fact that Sonic would deny it if you asked him in person, he has grown fond of these new counterparts since his visit. In fact, he is so fond of them that he isn't opposed to living with them. He's been stuck hopping between various realms for what felt like months, and throughout that time he discovered one in particular realm he cherishes, New Yoke City.

The Present

Sonic and his new gang were having their typical battle with the Chaos Council j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶a̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶h̶i̶l̶l̶s̶  just as they always did since Sonic's return from the Jungle Realm.

"Watch out Sonic!" Rebel yelled. Sonic did a quick turn around and spin dashed one of the larger robots.

"Heh, no sweat! Is that all you got Eggy?" Sonic taunted and stuck his tongue out.

The 5 directors growled under their breath. They were sick of this nuisance, in fact everyone but one particular fox was.

"Sonic knock it off and get your head in the game." Knux sassed. Sonic rolled his eyes, complaining Knuckles took the fun out of everything. Though nonetheless Sonic complied and bashed the heads of more bots.

The heroic group ended up defeating the remaining robots, making a big pill that looked like a junk yard. This caused the Chaos Council to grow furious. Though fortunately for the group of heroes the Council ran out of reinforcements, the directors shouted at the group and scurried away.

"Good work gang!" Sonic smiled, showing his teeth to the world around him.

"Good work? Good work!? You almost got us killed back there!" Knux shouted. Sonic raised a brow, showing his confused expression.

"What are you talking about?" Sonic asked.

"You were toying around with the Chaos Council the whole time not even bothering to help us!" Knux was really angry.

"Kunx-" Sonic got cutoff.

"No I don't wanna hear it, maybe you shouldn't have come back.." Kunx spoke, lowering his voice towards the end, but it was still loud enough for the whole group to hear.

"Knux wait-" Sonic tried to reason with Kunx but he didn't listen and walked away with Rebel.

"Goodbye Sonic." Kunx said and continued walking.

Sonic and Nine were shocked. They stared at each other, neither one spoke.

"What just happened?.." Nine asked, still a bit shocked yet confused.

"I think they just left us.." Sonic spoke softly, still trying to comprehend what just happen.

Little did the fox and hedgehog know, they were being watched the whole time and the people stalking them heard and saw the conflict between the echidna and hedgehog.

The mysterious individuals chuckled in a terrifying way and disappeared from the scene.

——————————————————————-

The two friends ended up walking back to Nine's secret lab located underground, where the subway runs.

"Your not going to be like them, right?" Nine asked, never looking Sonic in face.

"What do you mean buddy?" Sonic asked.

Nine took a deep breath. "You won't ever leave me, will you?"