Chapter 4: Agree to disagree

Shadow?

It cant be.

How?

-

"Ugh you can't possible be shadow. I don't have time for this." Sonic groaned, staring deeply at the ebony hedgehog. The hedgehog only furrowed their brows, eyes meeting Sonic's but only for a brief moment.

Shadow charged at Sonic, barely giving him time to dodge the incoming blow. The two remained in a fighting position neither one daring to speak. Grunts were were as they wrestled each other, sometimes they'd end up on a different shard. What neither one noticed is how they sudden drifted farther from the space craft.

"Ack! What do you want!?" Sonic managed to groan out from underneath Shadow as he got pinned. Sonic quickly fixed himself and kneed the ebony hedgehog right in the gut. "You ruined it, you ruined everything!" The emo counterpart lashed out. Sonic was taken back. "Ruined what? The shatter space?! My world?! I know that already! I've been doing everything I can to fix it!" Sonic yelled back, feelings becoming more overwhelming.

"I'm trying.. but nothing is getting better." Sonic mumbled as he stood a few feet in front of Shadow. Shadow glared at his rival. "Maybe you should've listened in the first place. Now we're stuck here, probably forever." Shadow said. Sonic kept his gaze on the floating crystals nearby. Only then did he realize he was out of sight from Nine.

"Shadow? If your the real you anyways, then were are we? Where did Nine go?" Sonic asked, frantically looking for the ship. Shadow huffed. "That fox? Your always so concerned about him, I don't understand it." Sonic glared at Shadow for his comment. "Just because you don't wanna make friends doesn't mean you have to belittle mine." The two glared at each other, fuming on the inside.

"You make it sound so easy! Oh my names Sonic and I'm the fastest hedgehog alive! I also defeat eggman time and time again as I have nothing better to do with my life! Well guess what! I don't have time for that! I have to summit paperwork for gun, go on missions, not goof off all day playing hero!" Shadow mocked. Sonic was left agap, if it were possible he'd have sparks surrounding his body from pure anger.

"That's not true! Eggman is dangerous, he's hurt my friends multiple times, even breaking bones in their bodies! And don't get me started what he used to do to citizens! Robotizing them?!" Sonic lashed out. "I don't play hero! I do what it takes to be there for others, me and Eggman go way back, others don't know how he is." Sonic informed, stating facts. Shadow growled. "You know nothing!" Shadow yelled back. "You think Eggman is bad? Have you ever lost someone you loved?! No! You haven't! I lost Maria on Space Ark because of Eggman's family!"

"You lost one person, one! That was decades ago Shadow! People come and go its apart of life! I've lost many I loved, I lost my family Shads! But I moved on, like they would've wanted me too, and I'm sure Maria would want the same.." The two shared an awkward silence. Neither one knowing what to say.

Sonic decided to break the silence. "I gotta go find Nine. You can come with or stay in the shatter space." He spoke and left the hedgehog alone in his thoughts.

Sonic sighed, sad Shadow didn't follow. He knew he needed time to come around and lashing out like how he just did, expressing his secrets over a silly argument? That was not okay. He'd apologize later. For now he had to find his buddy.

-

A/N
Wrote this on my break ! ^3^
Hope yall liked the angst. 😈

Date: 7/15/23

Word count: 625