Yamaguchi's dilemma (1)

Ever since birth I was seen as a girl. I wore dresses, played with barbies, had long hair, and painted my nails. All things girls like but for some reason I didn't. They didn't feel right even the word girl felt uncomfortable. Why was that?

It was June 17, 2010. Yamaguchi had just woken up. He went down the stairs to hear the TV saying "this pride parade is one to remember with Omni, AroAce, Gay, and Tra-" then it cut off "That is so ridiculous." Homare (Yamaguchi's mom) said. " As if you can change your gender and what's all this about being gay? Boys like girls and girls like boys that's how it's always been and always going to be." Hmm, changing genders huh? Yamaguchi continued to ponder on that as she made her way to the kitchen. " Good morning darling." Tamiko's mother says as she hands her a bowl of rice with an egg on it. Tamiko a name Yamaguchi never particularly liked but what could she do it was her name. "Thanks, mom, and good morning." Yamaguchi eats her breakfast and heads out the door.

After crossing the street she meets up with Hinata. "Hey, Yamaguchi," Hinata says. Yamaguchi, Hinata, and Yamaguchi had been friends since Elem 2 (second grade) yet he has always called her by her surname. Yamaguchi had told him she wasn't very fond of her given name. So he always called her Yamaguchi or yams. " Hi, Shoyo." Yamaguchi had replied. The two made their way to school.

Their school was made up of two buildings one for the 1st and 2nd years and one for the 3rd years. The only thing connecting these two buildings was a small and narrow hallway, which people rarely used. As there was the main entrance for both buildings. Yamaguchi and Hinata went through the entrance to the 3rd year building and their classroom. There they're greeted by Kenma and Akaashi two of their other friends. The bell rings and class starts.

Yamaguchi has the fourth period free so he decides to go to the rooftop on her way there she passes a group of girls "Hey isn't that Yamaguchi?" one of them says " Yeah the one dating Hinata." another spoke "No way I heard she and Kenma were a thing." said a third girl. "Do you think she's cheating?" said the first girl. " Must be, no wonder she doesn't have any friends." said the second.

Yamaguchi ran through the hallway desperately trying to get to the other side. This isn't the first time this has happened. While it is true that Yamaguchi hadn't many friends Hinata, Kenma, and Akaashi had always been there for her. Once middle school started others assumed that it was more than mere friendship. They began spreading rumors like "She's just using them for money.", "She cheated on them.", and "I bet they're just dating her for her looks." These words kept swirling around in her mind. Finally, she was nearing the end of the hallway. Once she had reached the rooftop she sat down and cried into her hand wondering why it had to be like this. Why couldn't she just be friends with whoever she wanted and be whoever she wanted?

While this was a major problem it wasn't the only one in her life fast forward two days it was Tuesday afternoon. Yamaguchi had been sent to do some errands. It was getting late and she had to hurry back home before it got dark. So she decided to take a shortcut but this shortcut happened to involve an alleyway. She walked into the dim alleyway.

Inside she heard muffled voices. Two older men began to approach her " Hey little lady what are you doing around here. " one spoke "Yeah this is no place for a girl." another said. "Come with us we'll show you a good time." said the first with a grin. Yamaguchi backed away slowly before turning around and running back in the direction he came forgetting all about the errand he was supposed to do. While running she thought about their words lady girl both those words felt so wrong especially when directed at her why she had always been a she and always will be right?

All of these things had been weighing down on Yamaguchi for some time now and It felt good to finally just let it all out to finally just cry. It had been a comfortable cry but a lonely one. She had wished someone could be there for her to silently listen to all her problems. They may not have been able to understand but she wanted someone to be there to a least try. Try to be there for her when no one else was maybe just maybe.

"Yams?"

THAT'S THE END OF THIS CHAPTER SORRY IT WAS SHORT BUT THE FIRST FEW ARW GOING O BE SHORT BUT THEN THEY WILL GET LONGER HOPE YOUU ENJOYED