James and Cordelia Pt 1

This is smut based off of the Chain of Gold series by Cassandra Clare, she is an amazing author. I suggest reading her work!

⚠️LEMON WARNING THERE WILL BE SEXUAL CONTENT⚠️

James and Cordelia were spending their time in the drawing room. Cordelia was trying her hand at a harp, plucking the strings with newfound fluidity. James was reading a new book Cordelia recently gifted him. If he's going to be stuck with me for a year he might as well have some entertainment she thought to herself. Cordelia was
nervous however, it was her first time playing in front of him and she found herself to be flustered, mainly because she is in love with the ebony haired man. Even though she was flustered the harp sounded soft but distinct. The notes seemed to slide off the strings and flow gracefully through the room.

James enjoyed the soft tune, he was only half reading his book. He was more so distracted by how the dress fit on Cordelia. The straps were lazily laid on her shoulders exposing her decolletage and some cleavage. The design of the dress and the position of which she had to sit to play her harp did not help the situation. He tried his best to ignore it but he found his eyes and mind wandering more often than not. This did not help with his newfound revalation of being in love with Cordelia. He fell in love with her mind already, but now more than ever he's realized how her body curves so delightfully. From her long deep red hair and her delicate neck and shoulders, to her bust and waist and how her hips flared out and her legs were long and toned. Cordelia noticed that James was looking at her for quite a while. She noticed his stare was aimed to her front and by her collar.

"Are you okay James?" She asked, cocking her head.

Oh Raziel I looked at her way too long to be decent. James snapped back into reality and readjusted his seat and himself.

"Ye- Yes I'm okay sorry I spaced out a bit." He said, giving a small reassuring smile.

Does he like me? But I thought he still loves Grace? Maybe I should come clean with my feelings? No, I should wait for him. Cordelia fought with her own mind when James quipped up.

"Oh isn't it about that time we have our daily game?" James stated.

"Yes it is, if I recall correctly you lost last so it's your choice of game." Cordelia jabbed slightly.

"Ha ha yes I did, nevertheless I chose cards. Specifically a new game that Math taught me about, War." James responded.

"You'll have to teach me," Cordelia said.

"That I can do" James told her as he slid off to the shelf to retrieve the card deck. Cordelia could've sworn she saw him wink as he turned away.

I winked at her by the light I needed to pull myself together. She'll think that I'm trying to be brash with her, I mean I do love her but I can't be like Matthew I don't have that charm. James over thought his action but quickly brushed it away when he rejoined Cordelia at the playing table. He shuffled the cards and dealt. He began explaining the rules to the red headed woman. How matches end up in war and how the flow of setting the cards go. Cordelia listened intently as he explained.

"Let's do a few rounds for you to get the hang of it." James ended the lecture.

The two began to set their cards down until a match was made, two Jacks. The two went into a quick war and flipped their fourth cards. James had an 8 of spades, Cordelia with a 3 of hearts. James claimed his reward and they began again. After a while James won, having the entire deck as his trophy.

"That was our practice round?" Cordelia wanted to make sure that was the case.

"Yes it is." James answered.

Cordelia shuffled and dealt this time. She also began the game by setting her card down first. The two went back and forth again until another match was made, then a quick blitz followed suit. James won the match once again, complete deck in tow.

"I get to ask my question." James declared victoriously, this was his first time winning in a while.

"My question is....I'm going to do it, Do you love me? Non platonically?" James asked, holding his hand in a tight fist on his lap with some sweat coming from his brow.

I can finally tell him.

"Yes I do, I have for a while now even since before we were married. I pushed these feelings away of course when I heard of your relations with Grace. But yes I do love you romantically." Cordelia answered, trying to keep herself steady.

Finally, James stood up and walked to Cordelia. He put his hand on her cheek. It was soft and warm. Pulling her in for a kiss. Cordelia returned the kiss relishing in the softness of his lips. He ran his fingers through her hair following its long length. She felt free. So did he. After pretending for so long it was a big relief to finally be able to love each other. Cordelia let a soft moan slip from her lips and James pulled her closer. Cordelia ran her fingers through James's hair; it was curly and dark. He seemed to like it and he melted into her more. James lifted Cordelia from her seat and set her on the table. Laying her down and kissing her jaw and neck.

"This reminds me of a certain moment we've had, I believe a place called the Hell Ruole?" Cordelia teased.

"Ah I do remember that encounter, however I decided I'd like to do what we weren't able to do that night." James insinuated.

"My my you're making me blush, what could that be?" Cordelia jested.

"I'll have to show you." James pulled her closer by her legs and kissed her more.