Chapter 139-143

Chapter 139: The angry guest

"Are you satisfied with Bengong's hummingbird?" Zong Zheng Ying's face was long and thin, and her expression was slightly sarcastic.

"I thank the Princess for her grace. It is a treasure to enjoy." Mu Xi Yao worked hard to maintain her manners. Her mouth was respectful, but she didn't show any cowardice.

Zong Zheng Lin's reward should be firmly grasped in her hands. If she couldn't keep the benefits given by the boss, what was the difference between her and wasted wood [1]?

[1] 废柴 fèichái (Cantonese) (coll.) good-for-nothing/ loser/ the losers club/a waste.

Although Zong Zheng Ying noticed her glib, her tongue was skillfully blocked by her high hat [2]. She wanted to continue competing with Mu Xi Yao, but He Lian Min Min at the side made her retreat.

[2] 高帽子 gāomàozi - tall conical paper hat worn as a public humiliation/ (fig.) flattery

"Your Royal Highness [3], Mu-shi's body is heavy. On consideration of it, could you favor her, and allow her to sit down and speak slowly?"

[3] She calls her 公主殿下. 公主 gōngzhǔ means princess while 殿下 diànxià means Your Majesty (honorific) / His or Her Highness. The raws put it like 'Princess Highness'.

He Lian Min Min's question made Zong Zheng Ying disgusted with her in all kinds of ways, but it helped her keep the appearances as the Princess Consort.

The fourth Princess displayed her identity and used it to take advantage of the sixth Prince's Mansion people. She didn't have an ounce of sense of propriety. If Mu Xi Yao had it good or bad, this crime naturally couldn't be blamed on her as a Princess, but the pressure on He Lian Min Min would leave her breathless.

If the sixth Highness knew of today's events, don't speak of He Lian Min Min, even Zong Zheng Ying wouldn't lead a good life.

Although Zong Zheng Lin respected her, she also knew a little about the man's methods outside. Everyone in the court said that his Highness was cold and harsh. This reputation was not just spread out to scare people. Her father, Sir He Lian worked hard and was especially careful around Zong Zheng Lin. It could be seen that his Highness was not a kind person.

At this moment, Zong Zheng Ying did not know who she was fighting. She dared to challenge Mu-shi now, but wasn't she afraid that his Highness would come back and put her on the spot?

When Wei Zhen saw the situation outside, he was as anxious as an ant on a hot pot [4]. He couldn't help but go to the front and ask Tian Fu Shan to go to Consort Su and find a way out. Just as he was about to leave, he saw the previous Mistress Yao's slightly buried head move and uncover a sharp look that crossed over the window, stopping all his movements in an instant.

[4] 热锅上的蚂蚁 règuōshangdemǎyǐ - (like) a cat on a hot tin roof / anxious/agitated

Those eyes made him go cold all over, there was no fear in them, only coolness. Wei Zhen felt a certain kind of deja vu with this type of calm and chilling gaze.

Was Mistress Yiyao being wise, deliberately taking the opportunity to signal him, telling him not to act rashly? Wei Zhen had waited in front of Zong Zheng Lin for years, and he was very capable of looking at people's eyes and guessing the Master's mind.

Since Mistress Yao stopped him, Wei Zhen rushed to escort the little master back to the side hall and repeatedly explained that the Momo was not allowed to take the little master out. Only then could he rest assured to turn back and stand in the shadow of the main hall, guarding.

"Oh? He Lian is very virtuous. Why didn't I hear before that the wife and concubines of sixth brother got along like sisters?" Zong Zheng Ying snorted coldly, unable to see He Lian Min Min's virtuous and generous appearance.