Chapter 1: War Preparations

A/N: In this story, Jaune managed to escape with Winter, however, everything else went as Canon. Another thing, in this story Wonder Woman isn't an Automation, which was stupid for RWBY/DC to do in the "RWBY/Justice League" comics, however, I'll keep her design in those comics because, damn it I love it! It just looks so badass!

Also, three of Wonder Woman's Rouge galleries will show up, I hope you can guess who~!

XXX

XXX

XXX

XXX

Jaune walked ahead of the civilians and the rest of his team, which was now renamed "ARSON" with the addition of Emerald, who had been a big help so far in defending the people. It's not like he could do much, with his actual sword broken, he had to resort to his greatsword form, but even then, every time he picked up Crocea Mors and swung it... it didn't feel right, it felt wrong after what he did.

"Look!" cried a child's voice.

Everyone looked forward and that's when they saw it, Vacuo City, right in front of them, and once they saw the city, they all felt overjoyed, they had finally arrived and were going to be safe, even he felt relief that they had finally made it.

Winter flew up and landed in front of the people, and next to Jaune, a small smile on her lips. "We've made it... finally..." Winter said.

Jaune nodded and he turned toward her, "What's the plan?" Jaune asked.

Winter turned to look at him, "We get the people as close to the city as possible, but they'll have to wait to enter the city, We need to talk to the council and Headmaster Theodore and figure out where to place the civilians for the moment," Winter replied, "Since we both were there at the end, you and I will need to tell Theodore everything as well as escort Mr. Pine and Councilwoman Camilla and inform the council of Vacuo what happened,"

Jaune's mood shifted and he looked down to the ground and sighed, but nodded. Winter saw his mood shift, assuming that he didn't want to recount what had happened because she knew what happened. Winter knew that Cinder would have killed Penny when she stole the powers, and her ending up with the powers would have never happened, which meant Penny was killed by someone else, and she knew neither her sister nor her teammates had the heart to make such a hard choice, and the only one left when she got there besides her sister was Arc, and the way he had been acting since they had arrived in the desert let her know what had happened, however, she would not speak to him about it, not out in the open for anyone to hear.

Winter turned to the people and flew upward, looking down at the people of Atlas and Mantle. "We've arrived at Vacuo City, the plan, for now, is to get to the City's walls, however, I, as well as Councilwomen Camilla and a few Huntsmen must speak to the Council about accommodations for us all, so you'll have to wait outside of the city," Winter told them.

Many of the civilians groaned and pleaded but one of the Happy Huntresses, May Marigold, let the people know that for now, this was the best course of action due to how the Vacuovian people treated outsiders.

After that, Winter and Jaune led the people to the walls, and once there, the gates opened to their surprise, and then much to both of their shock, Qrow, and Robyn ran out to meet them.

Qrow ran to Jaune, "Kid!" He called out.

"Qrow!" Jaune cried.

Qrow wasn't the only one to run to Jaune, both Sun and Neptune ran to the blonde knight.

Qrow looked at the blonde knight with a worried look, "Where are they, kid!? Where are they!?" Qrow asked.

Jaune looked at the man with a sad look, "Qrow... they... they didn't make it," Jaune said sadly.