Chapter 4: The Outside World

A/N:

I've heard so much about Jaune and Jessica Cruiz, and man! Now I wanna write Fanfic about them! Seriously, I've heard so much good things about the Duo that I am now invested.

Also one of the ship names for them is KnightLight and I think that fits! Why am I such a sucker for DC/RWBY ships! UGH!

Anyway, let's get on with this couple first!

XXX

XXX

XXX

XXX

It was the next day and Diana had everything she needed packed, which wasn't much, just an extra pair of clothes, her sword, and her shield. She looked at the boat they were going to take to the mainland. Even just thinking about landing on the mainland made Diana smile, she loved her home, there was no doubt about that, but she wanted to see the outside world, to see what man's world had to offer. Diana saw everyone load their luggage in the boat and then her gaze fell on the only man she had ever seen, Jaune Arc.

Despite having only a few very small interactions with him, Diana found herself captivated by him, nothing of the romantic sort, but just very interested in him, after all, she had never seen a man before. However, Diana would admit she found some qualities about him that did somewhat attract her to him. He was humble, kind, soft-spoken, and just seemed to be very respectful to her and her fellow warriors. His gaze never wandered or looked lecherous in any way... well except for the first night of dinner.

She thought back to the first night he and Winter arrived on the Island and when she arrived for dinner, she remembered feeling his gaze on her, and while she should have felt offended, she managed to catch a glimpse at him and when she did, she saw no ulterior looks in his eyes, he stared at her not because he wanted something of the physical sort, but because she was beautiful. When she saw that, she felt bashful, yet she did not know why, but when Jaune looked at her, she knew he did not look at her like most men would, but he looked at her with admiration and awe.

As she looked at Jaune, she then saw Menalippe approach the young man with his sword, and while she couldn't hear them, she saw her gesture for him to unsheath the blade, which he proceeded to do and for the first time since he arrived, Diana saw his blade, and she found it impressive as it glistened in the light. Jaune looked happy and seemed to thank Menalippe, due to her bowing and then turning to leave with a smile on her face, and Diana wondered why Menalippe had Jaune's sword but would wait to ask him.

"You're staring,"

Hearing that voice, Diana jumped a little and turned to see Nubia looking at her with a knowing grin.

Diana let out a sigh of relief, "Nubia, you startled me," Diana told her.

Nubua still smiled at Diana, "Sorry Diana, but I had to let you know, or else you might burn a hole through his head," Nubia told her.

Diana looked at her with a bit of a peered glare, "I wasn't staring, Nubia," she told her friend.

"Oh? Then what would you call it?" Nubia asked with a grin, "I would advise you not to stare so much, or he'll realize you're infatuated with him,"

Diana felt her cheeks heat up just a little bit, "I am not infatuated with him," She replied.

"Ah, so those long gazes at him are you just spacing out?" Nubia asked, "Please Diana, It's clear you're quite charmed with him, I can see it, and by the gods, even your mother can see it... you're in love with him,"