Chapter 2: Welcome to Themyscira

A lone rowboat landed on the shores of Paradise Island, on it was Winter and Jaune, the latter looking ragged due to him being the one who mostly rowed. Once they landed and stood on the beach, they grabbed their bags out of the boat, and Winter looked around, seeing a rather small cliff with a jungle atop it, one that they could climb. She also noticed that they had apparently landed on the part of the island that was not a populated area, and yet she felt the stares of eyes from the forest.

"It feels quiet," Winter said with a peered glare, "Keep your eyes out, Mr. Arc,"

Jaune looked at her and nodded, he too felt that something was off the moment they arrived on the beach. Winter and Jaune prepared to move, however, before they could take another step, a spear was thrown in front of them, and the two looked to the cliff where the spear was thrown and the two of them saw a young woman standing on the edge.

She wore light brown hoplite armor that looked worn out, and atop her head was a silver Phrygian and in her hands was a round dark blue circular shield, and in the middle of that shield was a dark golden eagle, strapped her side was a golden rope and a sword hung on her side. She was eventually joined by more female warriors that stood behind her, wearing the same armor as their leader. Each is armed with a shield, spear, and sword.

The warrior that appeared to be in charge looked down at Winter. "Who are you? Why have you stepped foot on the island of women?" the lead warrior asked.

Winter looked at the female warrior on the cliff, "I am Winter Schnee and this is Jaune Arc, se are here on a peaceful mission," Winter shouted, "I wish to speak to your leader," Winter said

"And how can we trust you when you have brought a man to this Island?" the leader asked.

Winter looked back at Jaune and gave him a look that told the Arc male to be on guard before turning back and looking at the lead warrior, "He means you know the harm and is my companion, and he too must speak to your leader as the information he has is valuable for what we must discuss with your leader," Winter replied.

"No man is allowed here on paradise!" cried a blonde warrior next to the leader, "He will leave or he will die!" she cried.

the leader turned to the blonde warrior, "Stay your hand Aersia!" replied the leader. The lead warrior turned back to Winter, "The man must leave, he is not allowed here," she told.

Jaune then stepped forward before Winter could speak more. "I understand that I am not allowed here, but I need to speak to your leader!" Jaune shouted, "We are up against an enemy unlike any Remnant has ever seen! I am not leaving until I speak to the one who's in charge," Jaune said.

The lead female warrior looked at Jaune, her expression stern yet it wasn't a hateful glare. She didn't speak for a while, but after looking at another woman with dark skin to her left, they spoke, but neither Jaune nor Winter, and based on some of the expressions of the other warriors, they too could not make out what they were saying. Eventually, the leader and the woman ceased speaking and the leader turned back to Jaune.

"I will allow you and your companion to enter on one condition," She told them, "You must win against me in a spar, win and we will take you to our Queen as guests, lose, and I shall take you in as prisoners," The leader told Jaune.

Jaune looked at her and agreed to her terms with a nod. With his agreement, the leader jumped down and landed safely on the beach, and she stood up and looked at Jaune, and Jaune got a better look at her face, Jaune found her to be captivating, her light blue eyes stared at him, and in them, he saw a person who was strong, confident, yet also kind and gentle, and while she had a helmet on, he saw small strands of black hair protruding out. She pointed at the spear, and Jaune picked it out of the beach and tossed it back to her, which she caught with ease.