Chapter 1 : Long Lost Memory

Semester break.

Maybe Kim Mingyu was the only person who hated the break his campus gave him every semester. Actually he didn't hate the meaning of the break itself, he hated the fact that he had to be unemployed in his house for three whole months more. Stayed up until 3am and woke up in the middle of the day when he should have been looking for his lunch - not breakfast. He doesn't like his biological clock being messed up when he isn't doing something meaningful - so he isn't tired and can't sleep quickly either. He also didn't like it when his annoying younger sister gave him a 'Gosh my brother looks useless' look every time she passed Mingyu who was watching old movies in the living room every afternoon. He really hated the feeling of doing nothing but time was ticking.

Therefore, today he went to the labor market in the center of town to find a job. Work that allows him to do it in just three months. But it's a pity, the jobs offered by Choi - people who work at the labor market and patiently accompany him to find suitable jobs - don't make him satisfied.

First, Choi offers him to work in a coffee shop that has quite a name as a barista. Mingyu was quite intrigued by the idea of the job because he basically loves coffee, until he saw the location of the coffee shop that needed apprentices. The location is right next to the office where his father works. That made it very possible for his father to often be found buying something at the coffee shop because just like him, his father also likes coffee. And because his father would often come to the place where he would work, he flatly refused the offer. Because he knew more than anything, his father would come and watch over him more and more as if Mingyu was his 7 year old son and liked to do stupid things in the society he was in.

Second, to work as a laborer in a contractor company. Ok, basically this vacancy asks applicants to become laborers on their projects. And Mingyu feels that this job will hurt his ego if he accepts it, because after all he is an aspiring doctor. Next year, if there are no obstacles, he will start an internship at a big hospital in the city and working as a porter has absolutely nothing to do with his dream job as a doctor. He was forced to refuse this job offer.

Then the last thing Choi can offer is a job as a baby sitter . What? Mingyu was silent for a long time. Choi had just offered him - a man at the age of almost 22 years - to become a baby sitter? And why did the parents of the child ask male workers to take care of their child? Mingyu immediately said no when he heard that the one he would take care of if he accepted this job would not be a baby but babies . Three twin boys. Nice . He's out of his mind if he takes this job.

Choi smiled bitterly at him and said that maybe he could try again next week, because he was sure that next week there would be a lot of new jobs that might fit Mingyu's criteria. Mingyu promised to come back next week and as he walked out of the building he considered what he should do in another week. It was then that his eyes caught a familiar figure.

"Uncle!"

The person with the familiar face stopped walking when he heard someone calling him. Mingyu smiled and walked closer. "Hello uncle? Do you remember me? I'm Kim Mingyu."

Mingyu stretched out his hand just as they stood facing each other and little by little the confused look of the person Mingyu called uncle broke down - a sign that he recognized the figure in front of him. "Oh my! I didn't expect to meet you here, how are you, kid?"

Mingyu was silent long enough to watch Jeon Seongwoo's face. Mingyu recognized this person as the father of his childhood best friend - who disappeared five years ago and Mingyu has not been able to find any trace of him until now. He met his father miraculously. Compared to the image in Mingyu's memories, Jeon Seongwoo looked older and tired. The dark bags under his eyes indicated he had trouble sleeping for long periods of time. He wondered what had happened to him. And maybe.. on his little friend.