Chapter 20; The good old days

Chapter 20

A sound of an bothersome alarm clock echoed through the room as Pete annoyingly whined, everytime he heard the clock ring multiple times. His sleepy eyes can't open themselves because of the intense sleepiness that is swallowing his whole existence.

Soon, little knocks disturbed his sleeping routine as he Immediately woke up from the sudden noise outside. His eyes Immediately opened on their own, terrified and nervous were being defined across his face. The knocks on the door kept making a noise and little by little, it was getting louder every time he tried to force himself to sleep. It can't be Vegas!

Afraid, He brought himself standing up from the floor, as he could feel the cold cement touching the base of the skin on the lower region from his trembling foot. It's not that clearly sunny but droplets of sweat kept forming on the side of his foreheads as he kept coming closer through the wooden door.

" W–who is it?..." He asked from the other side but as expected, the person didn't reply to his easy question. Pete was getting uneasy about opening the door so he eventually peaked from the window hole, trying to know the person who disturbed his comfortable sleep.

There, he sees a familiar person standing outside his lawn, waiting patiently for his mere presence. Shortly, he opened the door with a smile on his face, as the man in front of him also returned the favor.

" Hey Pete!What happened?" Arm suddenly asked out of nowhere, making Pete thoughts addled.

" About what?"

" About you opening the door? I mean–"

" Oh! No, no, no! it's nothing, I was actually sleeping when I heard the knock from outside that's why I didn't eventually notice that you're knocking for almost a minute" Pete excuses himself, as he keeps rubbing his palm from time to time. He also kept scrunching his nose even though he didn't have any allergies to do those.

" You alright, Pete?" He touched the latter's chin gently but Pete momentarily distanced himself, like a frightened kitten who's been abused by its cruel owner. Arm suddenly becomes aware of Pete 's sensitivity. Pete looked at him as if he was hesitant to have any physical contacts on others. But Arm immediately understood as to why Pete was being cautious about himself.

Vegas. The bastard that hurt Pete multiple times in many several ways. Yet he didn't even stop after his brother escaped. That man needs massive therapy.

" It's fine, Pete" He assured, bringing his arms from the air, calming the panicking latter. " I'm not Vegas, Pete. It's alright I assure you" Pete looked at him with his terrified eyes, gulping loudly from the intense trauma.

" I–I'm sorry…" Pete embarrassedly apologized while bringing his palm across his pale face. " It's fine, I understand" Arm shortly dropped his belongings from the floor as he offered his body from Pete's figure. Pete confusedly looked at him, unaware on what he would do.

Arm widely opened his arms, waiting for Pete to respond from his actions. Thankfully, Pete is not dumb enough to at least not decipher those schemes as he Immediately perceived the message that this person wants to send.

Hugs

Slowly, Pete wrapped his arms from the person in front of him, returning the favor that Arm gives. The comfy warmth against their bodies was indeed relaxing even though both of them were in their vulnerable state yet they're also trying to cope up by living in this unjustified universe. Pete felt empty even though Arm tried his best to calm him down. He truly appreciated those sincere acts but his body and soul was craving for another person's presence. Unfortunately, Arm is not the person who can satisfy those cravings. It sucks