12

Adam waited in the visitors room. He had instructed the receptionist to say your father was visiting, so you wouldn't feel the need to not show up.

One of the staff escorted you to the visitors room, a smile dancing on your lips as you were excited to see whom you thought would be your father.

You realized how wrong you were when the door shut behind you, and you saw your elder brother resting his ankle on his thigh, smirking at you.

"Hi, Princess." He said mockingly.

"I specifically said I didn't want to see you." You said sternly, trying to appear unafraid yet your heart was pumping out of your chest and you felt your knees want to shake in fear.

"Did you think you could get away from me that easily? Money does wonders, doesn't it?" Adam said.

You tried to hold back tears as you said "You paid them? To see me? Are you that desperate?"

You scoffed. "Do you just not have a life? Has your entire life been centered around me?"

You stood still as you talked.

"What a sad life you live. Instead of using yourself for something useful, like getting a job and showing up to lectures, you go out of your way to see me."

You smiled at him. "I'm flattered, really."

You started feeling confident. This had been the first time in years you've ever talked back to him.

It was about time you did.

"No wonder you're such a disappointment. Why mom and dad always liked me more than you. I excelled in school, and you failed. Your entire purpose in life is to torture me. How pathetic is that? Have you become a slave to your sadism?"

Adam's grin fell from his lips, he grimaced at you. He bit his lower lip, almost drawing blood from the absolute fury he felt.

He bounced his leg, laughing to himself.

"You're so stupid, Y/n." He said lowly.

"You really shouldn't have said that." He laughed again, it sounded almost maniacal.

You stood your ground. This time, you weren't going to run away from him.

He sat up and stared at you with daggers. He didn't move, he just glared at you, piercing your soul with those eyes.

They say the eyes are the doors to the soul. And just by looking at his two differently colored irises, you could tell he was nothing but evil. An apathetic, sadistic and empty shell of a human being.

He charged at you, and you dodged him. He grabbed your ankle and you fell on the floor with a yelp.

He tried to pin you down, but you kicked him off with all your strength. Your veins pumped with adrenaline as he pinned you to the wall, this time not being able to free from his grasp.

"Got you. Guess being asleep for so long weakened your muscles." He laughed.

You squirmed and said "Let go of me!"

You somehow freed one of your hands and grabbed the nearest thing you could and smashed it upon his head.

It was a lamp, and the lightbulb and base of the lamp shattered on his head, not enough power to knock him out unfortunately.

"Fuck, you stupid bitch!" He yelled, clenching his temple as blood tricked from his head and dampened his raven hair.

The door opened to see a frantic employee.

"I-is everything alright in here?" She seemed worried.

But she walked in at the worst moment possible.

From her eyes, it was obvious Adam was a victim and you had seriously hurt him.

"My, God. What have you done?!" She exclaimed before calling for the more muscular backup. Ones specialized in restraining people.

"She just attacked me when I tried to stop her from hurting herself!" Adam said as he made his way towards the woman.

"I'll call for an ambulance." She said before she ran towards you.

"I-it's not what it looks like! H-he attacked first!" You cried out, hot tears teasing the corners of your eyes.

Two men harshly restrained you, aggressively pulling your arms behind your back, making you groan in pain, and cuffing you.

"S-stop it!" You squirmed in their grip and started sobbing.

"I-I was protecting myself! He tried to hurt me!"

Adam smirked at you squirming, screaming and crying as a nurse escorted him to the clinic in the building.

"Please, stop! I didn't do anything! It was self defense." You screamed, cried and kicked as they threw you into a padded room.

It was the quiet room.

After they took the cuffs off, you ran towards the door as they locked it behind them.

"No! Come back! Take me back to my unit. I don't want to be alone!" You sobbed as you fell to the cushioned floor.

You hadn't realized how awful it was in here. There was absolutely no form of entertainment or stimulation.

Just padded walls and floors. Not even a window in sight.

You laid on the floor and curled into yourself as you sobbed uncontrollably.

You didn't wish to die before you got here, but now that's all you wanted. The sweet relief of death.

Because it seemed you wouldn't find any source of happiness without it being torn away from you.

You banged at the door, hoping someone could rescue you from this isolation.

There was no sound whatsoever. You couldn't even hear static. Only the ringing of your ears as if this cell was covered in soundproof insulation.

Hours passed by, yet nobody came to your rescue.

Until you heard the door unlock and saw a familiar gentlemen.

It was your therapist, William.

"Are you here to let me out?" You sniffled.

"Yes, I am. But I have to do a psychological analysis real quick before I can let you back to your unit." He said before he sat across from you, pulling out a sheet of paper from his briefcase.

You nodded your head in response before wiping your tears away.

"Y/n, are you having any thoughts about hurting yourself or others?"

"No."

"Good."

William went on with the list of questions before coming to the conclusion that you were safe to return back.

He sat up and offered his hand to you.

"Let me take you back, sweetie."