thirty - one

Aaliyah Brielle Na'Jai Harper
22
Tappahannock, Virginia
———
March 2, 2012

"Girl, you are too fucking much." Taylor said after finishing her water bottle. "I don't know how you can still dance like that." She said shaking her head, making me laugh.

"Girl, you're just fucking lazy." I told her, "working with the kids, I would've thought differently."

"Oh shut up bitch." she said playfully. "You fucking dance for a living, Mrs. Brown for the second time in a row."

"Chill on me-."

"Tay you should have known Aaliyah was never going leave him alone- hell I wouldn't either," Alyssa said making me glare at her.

No, Alyssa and I haven't been on the same page for months but, it was almost time for her to drop this baby and she didn't want to be alone. Who am I to leave my best friend alone you know?

"Does he even know you guys are here?" Tyler asked, Taylor's younger brother, who was 21.

"Don't you still stay with your mom?" I asked him. "Yeah, talk to me when you move out but to answer your question. No, he doesn't." I said confidently.

Chris, wasn't my daddy, boyfriend yes, and I did tell him that I was going to Virginia to see my mom and stuff, he was okay with it, but I didn't tell him that I was going to stay for two weeks.

Hear me out, I was going to tell him but like, Chris, him being the person he is, will would of never been okay with me going hours away without him coming along.

"So salty, Chris ain't be hitting that pum pum right has he?" Tyler said making me throw my empty bottle at him.

"Tay, get yo brother." I said making her laugh.

"You got it."

He threw it back before shaking his head. "So hostile." he said. "No but honestly, I really can't believe you gave up Drake for Chris." he said making me frown.

Here comes this conversation again, for the millionth time. "I mean, did you even listen to the Take Care Album? dude? what did you do to him?"

"Who?"

"Drake." Lyssa said making me frown.

I was all over the situation, I didn't understand why- actually, I didn't understand what was the hype about the Take Care Album, I listen to about four songs on the album with Ciara, but I really didn't feel like anything he was talking about related to me.

I mean, but if it did, it wouldn't matter.

At the end of the day, I truly wanted to just have a genuine friendship with the guy.

"Bro nobody gives a flying fuck about Drake nor Chris, stop being a groupie bitch Ty."Taylor told her brother making me feel a little better.

I chuckled shaking my head before getting on my phone.

From Chris ❤️ : When you coming home?
Chris ❤️ : I'm bored.

To Chris ❤️ : Friday.

From Chris ❤️ : It's Saturday Li.

To Chris ❤️ : I knowwww, but I'm enjoying myself, babe. It's just a couple more days.