Chapter 12

"Welcome one Welcome all! This battle will prelude the finals! On one side we have the Hero of Vale, Autumn Rose!" Port announces as a spotlight comes over me and I wave. "And on the other side we have a ton of students who aren't competing in solo matches" A spotlight comes over one person cycling between each on until it stops on Salems lieutenant.

"His adversary is is Cinder Fall from Haven!"

"What are the odds? Piper star-eater scales set please."

"Let the biomes be selected!"

"You ready?" Cinder asks me as my weapons and armor transmat on.

"Yes, are you?" I respond unholstering Huckleberry in scythe formation.

"And the biomes are... forest and stormy mountain!"

"Hmm that's useful."

"3....2.....1... go!"

Cinder shoots at me like a bullet and summons two swords made of glass. to which I plant my scythe in the ground and perform a spin on it to send her flying into the mountain.

I run off into the forest and cover myself in a blanket of Void energy. She runs into the forest as I climb up a tree still cloaked. When she gets ten meters away I uncloak and and using the moves I learned from going through Ambers memories I focused a ball of solar energy at her feet which she manages to dodge but I follow it up with a scythe slash that hits her left upper arm. She retaliates with a slash of her right sword and bounces of my scythe into the air for an overhead slice which I roll out of the way of. As she recovers I transform and holster huckleberry blinking in front of her and punching her in the stomach causing her to drop her weapons and reducing her aura to 30.

I pick up her two swords and melt them into liquid glass.

"Now she'll be forced to use her Maiden Powers."

I half blink half run up the side of the mountain to the summit. Instantly I feel calmer, my senses sharpen, and my bones feel lighter.

"I always feel calmer near lightning since I learned to use arc Light. Never figured out why. I'll have to ask Ikora whenever I see her."

Cinder comes barreling out of the forest wild eyed and fire flaming out of her eyes. "Come down and face me coward!" She yells "Hiding in the shadows! Are you toying with me?"

"No. I'm taking this rather seriously. You could always forfeit you know? You won't like this next part." I crow knowing she would never accept defeat.

"WHAT!" She yells running towards the mountain now.

"Tsk. Running towards the person on the high ground. A losing strategy."

I will the lightning to strike me. Overcharging the Arc Light stored in my body I pull back my hand and levitate a little as a stave of pure energy forms in my hand and I throw it. I intentionally miss of course, as a direct hit would spell death for her and I don't want that... yet.

"And now the final act." I say as she stops running.

I blink to the ground to the left of her and coat myself in stasis forming a single Kama jump up, spin, and throw at the ground next to her, freezing her instantly.

It takes her ten seconds to break out of and by shattering it her aura is reduced to the red zone ending the fight.

"And Autumn Rose is the victor. What an incredible display of tactical prowess on the field today folks." Is announced.

I walk over to her as she has fallen to the ground and is shuddering now.

"I accept your proposal." I say helping her up.

"What... are... you?" She says as the after affects of being frozen wear off.

"Someone who can help you grow your own power." I say before walking off.

"Don't you think you were a bit brutal?"

"Eh I was purposely only using the cruder applications of Light."

"Well you better hope that she doesn't suffer some psychological trauma or we might have problems once we get back to that castle."

"That sounds like a problem for future me."

"Autumn!" I hear Ruby call out before she runs into me.

"Ughh."

"Can you do that weird glowy thing you did to take off your armor too or is it just to put it on?"

"Yes." I say as Piper transmats it off of me.

"That's sooo cool! And how did you make that staff of lightning or that ice kama?"

"I used magic." I say

"Phss Magic doesn't exist silly, you just used your semblance." She says waving me off.

"I need to go speak with some people but I'll see you soon." I promise to Ruby before attempting to walk away.

"You've been very busy these past few days who are you meeting with?" She says using her semblance to catch up to me.

"Unfortunately thats Classified." I say before blinking to the dorms.

"Room 483." Piper speaks into my head.

I walk down all the halls and floors until I give up.

"Floor4 second room on the west side." She says.

As I walk there I ask her

"Are you going to show yourself to them? The Hive might have already told them about how we are chosen."

"No, I don't want to even look upon Cinder with what she did to Amber."

"Ok"

I knock on the dorm door and after a few seconds I feel a presence in my mind which I presume to be Emeralds semblance attempting to trick my mind in some capacity so I push against it which makes the door open and I see Cinder in the middle Emerald on the left and Mercury on the right.

"Do you think he'll betray us? He certainly has the power to do so."

"Do you doubt my power?" Cinder asks her In her normal, soft voice.

"I for one doubt your temper." I interject causing them to look at me like I have four heads.

"Y-You aren't affected by my illusion?"

"Please, I can see through Hive illusions, your little party trick was nothing. And yes I do have the power to betray and kill each one of you should I choose. That "battle" as it was called would have been over before you could blink if I wasn't putting up the facade of a child."

"Well come on in I guess?" She says looking slightly.

"What's your name? I'm almost certain it's not Autumn Rose." Mercury says while closing the door.

"Names are a funny thing don't you think? They can tell you so much about a person or absolutely nothing. For instance Your name is Mercury. Mercury is the only metal that's a liquid at room temperature and it's malleable. Suggesting you are very adaptive to whatever is around you, or it's just the color of your hair.'
"You would by correct in assuming that Autumn Rose is not the name I go by anymore. I changed it once I became a Risen. I go by Inanis, slayer of Oryx now."

"Enough talking, tell me everything you know about Ozpin, Our Queen and the Maiden powers. You two go finish the plan." Cinder commands.

Hello! Happy New year! Hope you had a good 2022 and may your 2023 be even better!