One

First Year,
A New Adventure

She watched as her mother rushed out of the house, working again. She supposed she shouldn't have gotten her hopes up. It wasn't the first time her mother had let her down, she didn't know why her first day at Hogwarts would be any different, she quietly walked to her parent's room she sighed as her father lay asleep.

She glanced at the potion bottle at the side of his bed, she quietly walked over to his bed, looking through the notes that the Mediwitch had left. From the looks of it her father was recovering well, though he was still a long way from being able to get out of bed, she carefully closed his door behind him, trying her best not to wake him up.

She forced a bright smile on her face as she walked downstairs, she knew her older sister would be waiting for her. Her sister smiled at her as she walked down the last step, she sat at the table with her as they ate their breakfast as always nothing was ever spoken between the sisters. Sometimes she felt like she didn't have a sister, and Louisa was just someone who lived in the room opposite her.

"Mum's working isn't she," she asked, her sister nodded, "I thought she would be, do you think Rory is feeling better?"

"Aurora's fine,"

"How would you know, can you read her mind?" she argued, knowing exactly how Aurora felt about starting Hogwarts, Katherine packed her game of Rune Riddles so she could hopefully take Aurora's mind off the journey.

"No, but trust me, she'll be fine, she has you," Louisa smiled at her.

Katherine worried for Aurora there was something deeply bothering her, she was afraid of being away from her parents as well as being all alone in her dormitory. Their older cousin Jessica; who graduated two years earlier assured both her and Aurora that there was nothing to be afraid of. That wasn't too comforting when she knew that Jessica was scared of a lot of things, including her pet hamster.

"We should get going if you're ready?" Louisa spoke, while Katherine quickly cleaned up the table, so their mother wouldn't have to when she returned.

"I've been ready for over a week now," she said

As they walked through King's Cross Station, Louisa stopped for a moment before running through the barrier, looking up at the clock. Katherine waited for her to run through the barrier they would do together like they had done when Louisa first went to Hogwarts, four years ago.

"Go through if you want, I'm waiting for Ethan," she told her

"Your boyfriend-

"Ex-boyfriend," Louisa quickly stated "We better as friends,"

Katherine walked through the barrier, she and Louisa should have gone through it together though she'd rather wait for her friends. As she looked around her she spotted the famous Quidditch star with his family Louisa loved him, she couldn't remember his name but recognised him instantly with his rounded glasses and messy black hair.

Unaware of how close she was standing to the barrier, a boy ran into her, their trollies colliding, she winced as he hurt her back. She turned around to help him, he looked annoyed with her that she was in his way.

"Are you alright?" she asked, as she offered her hand to him.

"Next time don't stand so close to the barrier,"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean-

"Nott, you finally made it," another said, running over to them, the boy stood up, walking towards his friend, "helping out that doesn't sound like you,"

"Stupid girl was in my way what made you think I was helping?"

She huffed he was incredibly rude, the rudest person she had met. 'I only asked if he was alright, I guess I won't be doing that again,' she searched the whole platform for Aurora, she had to be here somewhere there were 15 minutes until the train left the station.

"Louisa," she called for her sister, "I can't find Rory,"

"I'm sure she's here somewhere she might already be on the train, go find her," she huffed, 'she was no help,'

She boarded the train, running down the train, quickly looking through every compartment, she came across that boy again 'Nott'. He smirked at her, laughing with his two friends, she rolled her eyes at him as she walked further down the train she found her.

"I've been looking all over the bloody place for you,"

"Sorry," she muttered, no more than a whisper,

"Are you feeling okay?" she shook her head, "we're going to be fine, Jess said there's nothing to be scared of-

"Your kidding right, Jessica's scared of everything, besides she's left Hogwarts, probably on her way to a boring desk job, there's nothing scary about them,"

"Other than utter boredom," Katherine said, making her chuckle, "this is a new adventure for us, a chance to reinvent ourselves, we can be anyone we want to be at Hogwarts,"

"Does that mean you won't spend all your time in your room, reading or studying as I'm sure you most likely will,"

"No, I'll be with you, we'll do everything together," someone knocked on their window.

"Hi, Aunt Lauren, Uncle Hector," Katherine waved to Aurora's parents as they wished them both a swift and easy journey.

Katherine tried her best to keep Aurora's spirits up, knowing that she would find the journey to Hogwarts a countdown to something she wasn't nearly prepared for. She told Aurora of the boy she bumped into hoping it would provide her with a few laughs, it did for a short while.