Two

First Year,
She Doesn't Belong There

Katherine had tried her best to cheer Aurora up, she couldn't understand why her cousin had these worries. Hogwarts was supposed to be exciting, they were finally able to go and have the experiences her sister and their older cousin had.

Something else must have been troubling her?

Yes, Jessica might not have been the bravest of Gryffindors, but she always told them about her friends Penny and Ben. They always found fun things to do at Hogwarts she insisted on visiting them at Christmas, that is if they both went home for Christmas.

She and Aurora kept the back of the group, they kept quiet as there seemed to be some disagreement up front between two boys. Harry Potter and Malfoy, she only caught his last name as he spoke proudly, now she knew the boy that ran into her was most likely just as arrogant as his friend. Nobody who associated with that family could possibly be a good person.

The deputy headmistress McGonagall escorted her along with the rest of the first yeast through the great hall. She waved to her sister, though Louisa smiled, shyly waving back at her. The professor halted her stride, instructing the new students to wait until she called their names.

"Ronald Weasley," a red-haired boy, walked up to the stool he jumped as the hat moved on his head. His fate was Gryffindor, he was welcomed by three boys who must have been his brothers.

Draco and his friend had both been placed in Slytherin. They probably asked for that house as they each swaggered to the Slytherin table. Harry Potter had been placed in Gryffindor she spotted her sister's hopeful expression fall as he was welcomed by her ex-boyfriend and his friend.

"Katherine Parker," she squeezed Aurora's hand, letting it fall as she walked up to the stool, as the hat lowered onto her head, she heard it talk to her.

"Oh this one is too easy, I believe Ravenclaw can expect great things from you, Parker,"

"RAVENCLAW!"

She smiled happily at the hat's choice, sitting beside an older girl, with curly blonde hair. She sat up as Aurora was next, she crossed her fingers, praying to Rowena to allow her cousin to be a part of Ravenclaw house.

"SLYTHERIN!"

Her heart dropped, No, she doesn't belong there, she turned around to the two boy who ran into her, whistling as Aurora cautiously made her way to the Slytherin table. Her cousin smiled faintly as if to say she was fine, she smiled at her, reaching her hand out Aurora held her hand.

"We'll stay together right?" Katherine asked,

"We're family, we'll always be together,"

Katherine missed the next few students only realising as a boy sat next to Aurora, he looked hurt like he wished for any house other than Slytherin. She turned to the direction he was staring in, a boy almost identical to him. His brother had been sorted into the rival house of Slytherin. Gryffindor house.

She didn't enjoy her dinner like she thought she would, the thought of Aurora being all alone in a cold dungeon didn't sit well with her. As the Prefects were beginning to escort the students to Katherine was grabbed by her sister.

"I'll make sure she gets to her dorm," Louisa said, pleading with her friend to allow her to take Katherine to her dormitory.

"Okay, Lou, just this once," as Penelope Clearwater, escorted the first years to Ravenclaw house, Louisa smiled at Aurora as she left with her house.

"Look after Rory okay,"

"Well, obviously,"

"No, I mean it, Slytherins can be rather cruel, to others in the school,"

"What are you going on about?"

"Don't let rude and obnoxious Slytherins get between you and Aurora, I'll do my best to help where I can but this is my fifth year, I'll have my O.W.Ls to prepare for and Quidditch on top of that,"

"I won't leave Aurora, besides there was a boy that didn't look to happy about being in Slytherin too, maybe they'll stick together,"

"I know him, Hadrian Black, Ethan's younger cousin, he's a good kid," she sighed, "I best get you to your Ravenclaw Tower,"

Louisa showed her the most direct route to her common room, having been there often for sleepovers with Penelope. She smiled as she wanted to see for herself if Katherine could answer the riddle, the door knocker spoke a riddle.

"What is always in front of you but can't be seen?"

"What do I do?"

"Answer it correctly and it will let you in," she took a moment to repeat the riddle in her head, and then it clicked.

"Is it the future?" the door opened for her. "Goodnight, Lou,"

Many of the other students had settled in their rooms for the night Katherine sat on a sofa by the fireplace. She tucked her knees up resting her chin on her knee, as she gazed into the flames. The sofa shifted she flicked her eyes to the older Ravenclaw.

"My name's Phoebe Black, I know it can be a little scary for your first night,"

"It's not that, my cousin was nervous about coming to Hogwarts, being sorted into Slytherin probably hasn't helped her,"

"Ah, I understand, my brother was sorted into Slytherin too, I'm worried about him, but I have faith that he'll be fine, my mother and uncle were in Slytherin and she loved the friends she made from their house,"

"There aren't any Slytherins in our family, especially Aurora's family, both her parents were Hufflepuffs,"

"If it makes you feel better, my brother is a kind person, who knows maybe they'll be great friends," she smiled at Phoebe that's what she hoped for Aurora to find comfort and friendship in Hadrian. His sister seemed nice and hopeful, almost like she knew they would become good friends.