- Chapter 2-

The next morning, Xavier wakes me up by stroking my hair.  My first look of the day falls straight into his eyes.  I smile wearily and then stand up.  We both go to fencing and train there together.  Although I'm not very good at fencing, I still win once.  After a short time the door opens and everyone stops training and lets Wednesday, who came through the door, through.

"Can I get a worthy opponent?" asks Bianca, who trained with Rowan and won.

Rowan looks so innocent again.  You don't think at all that he hit Xavier against the wall yesterday.

"I'm going up against you," Wednesday says, and Bianca doesn't really mind.

Everyone else is watching them both and Wednesday is really good.

,, I want a fight without a helmet.  Whoever bleeds first loses," says Wednesday after losing the second point.

Bianca seems a bit unsure at first, but then agrees and the two put up a great fight.  They're both really good and when Wednesday's forehead is bleeding we're all amazed.  I look up at Xavier and nod slightly.

"Fancy your cocoa already?" he asks me out of nowhere and grins when he sees my eyes widen.

"Oh yes!" I exclaim happily and jump on his back.

He gives me a piggyback ride and I swing my fencing sword forward and yell, "Let's go to my cocoa!  Bye you losers!"

Xavier laughs and starts walking.  The others whisper and I feel Bianca's gaze piercing my back.  Woah, that really gives me goosebumps.  We're both moving and then want to meet up at Xavier's painting in the square courtyard.  I'll be there first and look at the painting.  Then a hand with a mug comes over my shoulder and Xavier rests his head on my other shoulder.

"There you are, sweetheart." He says and I take the mug and sip.

,, Mmm.  Thank you. You are the best.  But please stop with those names." I say cheerfully and then pleadingly and he laughs.

,, Haha, yeah ok.  It's just funny to tease you."

We both walk a bit around the school where there are no people and then we see a stone statue fall from above onto Wednesday, who is walking along there.  Xavier runs to her and saves her in time.  I look up.

"Xavier, take her to the infirmary!"

He nods and takes her away and I run upstairs to look for Rowan.

,, Rowan!  Stop!" I yell as he runs away from me.

"Rowan!"

"Leave me alone!" he says loudly, using his telekinesis as he turns to throw me away.

My cocoa is poured all over my uniform and I try to breathe calmly since I fell on my back.

"Stop ruining my plan!  Wednesday puts everyone in danger." he says angrily and then walks away.

I slowly sit down and lean against the wall.  That idiot!  Now I couldn't drink up my cocoa again.  And my uniform is dirty too.  What a mess!  I walk slowly and pouting down the hallways to the infirmary to see how Wednesday is doing.

"Hey, are you okay, Wednesday?" I ask and stand next to Xavier.

"How am I supposed to feel?  I was saved from death," she says, and I just nod and say no more.

"Who were you again?" she asks me and I smile.

,, I am Yn.  Xavier and I are best friends.  And have you told yourselves the story from before?" I answer and Xavier nods.

"Why is your uniform so dirty?" he asks and I start to pout.

,, I spilled my cocoa.  I couldn't drink it up again."

Xavier takes me in his arms and strokes my head.

"You'll get another one from me."

I smile and Wednesday stands up looking disgusted.

"You're really not a couple?  You really act like one.  Disgusting."

Then she leaves and Xavier and I look at each other and laugh.

,, And now tell me what happened?  How did you spill your cocoa?  There was a lid on it." Xavier then says seriously and I look away.

"Rowan lost control again." I answer and Xavier looks into my eyes with concern.

,, Are you all right?  Did you hurt yourself somewhere?" he asks and I shake my head.

,, No.  All good Xavier.  My back just hurts a little, but it's not that bad," I reply.

,, This ..", Xavier starts to talk, but I take his hand and look into his eyes.

,, Chill out.  It is not so bad.  We just have to make sure that nothing happens to Wednesday.  We'll keep an eye on her tonight at Thanksgiving, okay?" I tell him and he nods.

"Yeah, okay, but if that happens again, I won't sit still."

I smile and look at him.  Woah he looks damn good up close too.  I run to the door and tell him that we will meet in the square courtyard.  I had to leave quickly before he noticed I was blushing.  Arriving in the square courtyard, I observe the individual students.  There are so many different kinds of us here.  That's amazing.  Then suddenly Enid comes to me.

,, Haii yn!  Would you like to do something with us for Thanksgiving tonight?" she asks and I look at her, overwhelmed, and then answer slowly.

,, uh.  That's nice but no thanks.  I'll stay with Xavier."

She nods understandingly and smiles.

,, It's all ok.  But tell me, is something going on with you?" she asks and winks.

I smile and shake my head.

,, Haha no.  We're just good friends."

"Too bad," says Enid and then leaves.

"Did you just cancel because of me?" Xavier asks, holding onto my shoulders.

,, I'm not that for new people.  I'd rather stay with you." I say and he rests his chin on my head.

,, And what if I have a girlfriend or something?  Then we can't always do something together."

I'm not answering that and I hope it doesn't happen any time soon.