Aidar

The sounds of kids running and people plowing dirt had woken me earlier but i chose to stay in bed instead when my father came in and ripped the blanket off me.

"Get up," he said in a monotone voice

"The others don't wake up till noon"

"You're on kid duty"

I shot up "WHAT?!?! Please wai-"

"No get up you need to watch them today it's your turn"

"But they don't want me, they hate me"

"They asked for you and you better hurry because last I heard they got into your plant stash," he said monotone while observing my room.

"No no NO" I sprinted to the door throwing on my clothes and sweater. If those kids got to my flowers I will need to be expelled from the community. As I ran out I saw that they were all stomping on my daisies. "HEY STOP!!" I shouted and they began to run, I almost just let them go until I realized they were running to the forest. If these kids get lost it's going to be my fault so I shouted after them. I wish I had stayed with Leana, we would've been planting new seeds or drinking tea or something. She isn't even my grandmother but she's the closest thing I have to some maternal figure, and we definitely would not be running a marathon first thing in the morning. The kids are much faster than I had remembered. "COME BACK!" but they just giggled and ran. I fucking hate these kids. We started running up a hill and into some bushes when i heard squeals and saw some reds and pink. I heard the reds giggling and a melody being played on a guitar. Even if they are children I knew who they were and if these little bastards died then it would REALLY be on me. "HEY GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE SHITS" and I heard a soft "hello?" in response. That voice sounded like carnations in the wind and as I emerged from the bushes I saw her and it was as if time froze.