Special Chapter - Film: GOLD (Part 1)

Hello everyone, it has been a really long time since I last updated. To be honest, after the editing spiel I was on a while ago, I haven't really been inspired to continue writing this book. I went through a phase of not really being motivated to write (currently still in), so I thought rather than being unproductive, I would start writing special chapters which involve the one piece movies. 

I won't be writing special chapters for all the movies, but only a select few, including film: gold (this chapter), which happens to be one of my favourite. This won't last too long (hopefully), just until I catch up with the one piece episodes (which I haven't been able to do because of being swamped with studies and working) and don't suffer from writer's block. 

As a note: The movie was set after the Dressrosa Arc, so our lovely protagonist Lana will be with Zoro. 

-----------------------------------------------

The morning was bright with warm rays and cloudless skies, which was a nice welcome after the harsh sea storms they had faced after leaving the warm and humid climate of Dressrosa. The straw hats had thankfully recovered from the fiasco that was taking down Doflamingo, with everyone back to full health and returning to their usual shenanigans. 

"Usopp, Luffy, what do you think you're doing?! Put Chopper down!" Lana scolded, rushing forward to help the crying reindeer Usopp and Luffy had hung from their fishing poles. Whilst it seemed to be a practical joke the two idiots thought would be funny to play on their resident doctor, knowing their clumsiness and accident-prone natures, it wouldn't be a total surprise if Chopper took a dive in the calm waters beneath them. 

"Come on Lana, take a joke. We were only messing around!" Usopp reassured with a wave of his hand and Lana leaned heavily over the railing, reaching haphazardly for Chopper who hung from Usopp's fishing rod, his body swinging as he tried to reach for Lana's outstretched hands. As her hands made contact with the small reindeer, her body ended up leaning too far. Her fall however was abruptly stopped by a warm hand gripping the back of her dress, their firm grip preventing both Lana and Chopper from falling any further. Lana could only spot Luffy and Usopp from the corner of her eye laughing boisterously off to the side as they mocked both Lana and Chopper. Being pulled back, Lana could see Zoro was the one who had stopped her fall, his hand dropping to hover over her back as she returned to standing on deck, Chopper holding onto her shoulders as she clutched him closer. 

"That wasn't funny! Something could have really happened" Lana scowled, letting Chopper down as he turned to walking point, chasing after the two idiots so he could run them through with his antlers as they ran away in fright. 

"Those three are going to put me in an early grave" Lana muttered, running her hand through her dishevelled hair, her other reaching to brush her sundress of the wrinkles it had gained from her stunt. 

"What can you do, they never change" Zoro muttered, his hand falling to rub her back in comfort. Lana turned to him with a pout at the sight of his smirk, probably having found the events humorous and not at all stress inducing. 

"You enjoyed that didn't you?" Lana grumbled as she poked the man in his side gently, knowing it was a spot he was ticklish in.

"Oi, you'll make me laugh" Zoro jolted away with a huff, his smirk transforming into a full smile as he nudged her away.

"Oh we can't have that, can we" Lana teased, knowing Zoro liked to come across menacing and domineering, and if Luffy of all people caught wind that the swordsman was ticklish... well there went Zoro's macho persona. 

"I'll deal with you later" Zoro growled close to her ear, his words gravely and seductive as he brushed his hand along her lower back, grazing far too low to be appropriate. The gesture sent a deep blush across the brunette's cheeks, her smile meek as she rushed away from the smirking man, knowing all too well what he was planning if the dark glow in his eyes were anything to go by.