Chapter One: Death and Rebirth

-Hector's POV-

I peer over the edge of my book watching the apes I mean students around me. Seemingly out of nowhere a voice arises "You know" I jump out of my skin and say "Hey you don't just sneak up on someone like that!" I look at her and she puffs out of cheeks in a pout.

"If you weren't always in your own world it wouldn't be to easy." She pokes my forehead "But back to what I was saying before you Rudely interrupted. It'd probably be more fun to actually interact with them rather than just watching." She sighs satisfied. "School isn't made to have fun." I say this flatly. "Then what is it made for, smart guy?" I stare at her blankly trying to tell if this is a serious question. "School is meant for learning." She rolled her eyes and starts walking off "Well if you change your mind I'm throwing a party tonight. Hope to see you there."

I'm left there watching mesmerized as she walks off. I go back to reading my book thinking about what she said. 'It's almost like she tries to get me riled up' I think to myself as I read inheritance the last book of the inheritance cycle.

-Time Skip-

-6:00 PM-

I'm sitting on my bed looking at the ceiling waiting for dinner to get done. I hear my Mother call me. Sighing I get up and head to the kitchen. "What's for dinner?" I ask as I sit down. "Well if you came out of your room once you'd know, young man." my mother says and I feel a a little guilty. My sister comes in with her head in her phone "Hi Mom, thanks for dinner." she says not looking up from her phone.

"So how was school?" Mom asks the two of us. "It was great my friend Tiffany~" she keeps going, but I tune her out and eat. After my Sister is finally done talking Mom turns to me staring intently like I should do something. "How was school, Hector?" Mom asks me as I play with my food. "It was fine." I say and Mom follows up with "That's all you have to say?" I look up at her and say "What do you want me to say? It's been just like every other day. I read my book, did my school work, and only talked when spoken to. Oh and a girl asked me to go a party"

"You got invited to a party" both say at the same time. One bitchy and the other excited. "Yes. And before you ask no I wasn't planning on going." Mom looks at me a little concerned and says "But how else are you gonna make friends?" I sigh and reply "Why do I need to make friends?" She tries to think of a reason but settles with because she said so.

After a long uncomfortable silence that felt like an eternity I finally give in. "Fine I'll go." I'm not happy about it, but I might need some help next time I get beat up. "I'll walk." I say not really wanting to be drove to my first party.

I get up from the table and put my plate in the sink and wash it off. Afterwards I go to my room and put my shoes on. I leave the house telling my Mom bye and putting on my hoodie. Walking out of the drive way I put on a my favorite song.

(Behind blue eyes by Limp Bizkit)

I come to an intersection it's empty so I walk across. And that's when it happened. A semi comes out of nowhere and hits me. I die instantly.

I'm in a black void for a unknown amount of tind then I see a light. "God if that's you please give me a second chance! This time I'll connect with people, I'll make meaningful connections. This time I wanna be happy." I yell out to the light hoping it's some sort of God here to save me.

A pair of hands come through the hole and grab on to me and pull. "Hey put my down!" I yell not knowing what's happening.

Well that's all for the first chapter. Comment your reviews and if you want anything to happen.

Bye!