Chapter 1

Iris had little to no friends in high school, she would spend her time reading or going to her public library where she would meet her best friend Sarah. One of the reason iris wasn't the best at making friends was because girls envy got in the way. All of her "friends" were only using her, they thought if they became friends with her maybe they could some how be better than her.

They all envied the way boys looked at her, or the way they talked about her. When she graduated she started her job at the library, while her friend Sarah worked part time at a coffee shop and went to college. Iris would have loved to go to college but nor her or her father could afford to.

Her dad waisted his money, time, and love on alcohol. She had dreams, but she feared she would never be able to peruse them, she was afraid of never leaving. So every night she went home, to her father who would blindly take all of his anger out on the beautiful girl. Leaving her broken and bruised, sometimes she would cry, others she would just stay silent while he scolded her.

Sometimes she would think about leaving, an 18 year old girl shouldn't have to deal with this. She wouldn't though, she could never leave her father alone, he just got a little mad sometimes, he didn't mean to hurt her. That's what she always told herself and would continue to tell herself, although she knew other wise.

"Isla, did smith return pride and prejudice?" I was pulled from my thoughts by my manager, Jan. "Not yet, he usually brings them in around 4" I say putting the books onto the shelf. "If its not back by 7, we're gonna have to order another in. We have someone wanting to rent it" she states then turns back around "you can leave early today, i have a college graduation to attend." She says turning to leave. My phone started to ring so i carefully pulled it out of my pocket, smiling at the name on my screen. I answered and Sarah immediately started rambling about a party at the place behind the coffee shop.

"So will you come with me?" She asks and I'm quick to respond "I don't know Sarah, parties aren't really my thing." I say flatly. "Oh come on, i have a dress for you and everything! Plus hot guys!!" She says with lots of enthusiasm. "I'll think about it" i say and i can practically feel her smile. "You wont regret it!!" She says "i said may-" and she ends the call. Guess I'm going to a party tonight, good thing I'm leaving early.

Authors note!
I'm so sorry the chapters are so short!! I hope you liked it tho! I love youuu angels!!