Drinks

Noel tipped back what was left in his glass and closed his eyes. The warm, amber liquid burned on the way down his throat. He closed his eyes and let out a sigh, placing his glass back on the counter.

"You know," a familiar voice came from behind him, "I never knew you liked that kind of thing."

Noel's head shot up in surprise, turning to face Julian, who stood against the bar next to him.

"I don't" he replied.

Julian called the bartender over, ordering a couple drinks. Something more to Noel's taste. Something sweeter.

Noel took the drink from Julian, taking a sip. Much less bitter than his previous one, no terrible burn as it slid down his throat. He sighed, letting the taste linger on his tongue for a moment longer.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, taking another sip.

"Same thing you're doing" Julian replied with a smirk, tipping back the drink "Drinking"

Noel smiled, trying to hide his laugh in his glass, ultimately failing. Julian was always able to put a smile on his face, despite his best efforts to hide it. 

Julian felt the warmth swirl in his chest, though he wasn't certain it was just the alcohol.

He looked at the clock behind the bar. It was already midnight, how long had they been here?

"Ready to go?" Julian asked, setting his drink down.

Noel tipped back what was left of his last drink, finishing it off. "Yeah" he said and pushed himself away from the counter.