Uncertain

Julian followed close behind as they made their way to the lift. As they stood there Noel felt a hand slip into his. When he turned around to look, he saw Julians fingers intertwined with his, with a small smile on his lips. Julian and him had always been close but he couldn't help but notice how his heart thumped so heavily against his chest. The lift opened and they stepped inside.

"Julian?" Noel started, not really sure where this conversation would lead.

The other man raised an eyebrow in question, "Hm?"

He paused. He hadn't really planned what he was going to say next. Was there any point in bringing this up? He was sure it was just the alcohol anyway. He just needed to get to bed.

"Nothing, it's nothing" he shook his head, letting go of Julian's hand to hold his own hands behind his back.

"Are you sure?" Julian asked, concerned and placed a hand on his shoulder.

Noel shrugged and tried not to let his mind dwell on the feeling of Julian's warm hands. As the doors opened, they stepped out making their way down the corridor finally stopping at Noel's hotel room door. 

"Good night, Julian," he said. He wasn't quite sure how to end this conversation now. Julian didn't seem too keen to do so either.

"Good night" he whispered before pausing. It was only then he realised how close they were, though neither made any attempt to withdraw "Noel..."