wikipedia page

❪ en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dicte_Blumenthal ❫

Dicte Blumenthal

Blumenthal in 2018

Blumenthal in 2018

Born Dicte Roos Blumenthal
11 December 1998 (age 22)
Dortmund, Germany
Residence Dortmund, Germany
New York City, U.S
Nationality German-English
Occupation Actress
Years active 2008–present
Relatives Theodor Blumenthal (brother)
Milo Blumenthal (brother)

Dicte Roos Blumenthal (born 11 December 1998) is a German-English musical theatre actress. She is best known for her roles as Zoe Murphy in the Tony Award-winning musical, Dear Evan Hansen on Broadway and Gina Henke in the German television series KDD - Berlin Crime Squad (German: KDD - Kriminaldauerdienst).

^ EARLY LIFE

Dicte Blumenthal was born in Dortmund, the youngest of three children of English actress, Ines (née Burton) and German actor, Friedrich Blumenthal. She has two older brothers: Theodor and Milo. Blumenthal spent most of her childhood going back and forth between living in New York City, United States and Dortmund, Germany due to her parents' jobs.

As a child, Blumenthal took dancing classes at a local dance studio in Dortmund. Blumenthal did ballet, jazz, and tap. She would later move on to only jazz and tap, with tapping being her favourite of the two. She began taking acting and singing lessons at the age of eight. She was playing the piano by age 11.

Blumenthal began her acting career in 2008 when she was cast as Gina Henke, a recurring character in the German police procedural serial drama KDD - Berlin Crime Squad. (German: KDD - Kriminaldauerdienst). Blumenthal stayed with the series until it was cancelled in 2010 after three seasons.

In 2012, Blumenthal was cast in the German television movie Under suspicion: Without Forgiveness (German: Unter Verdacht: Ohne Vergebung). It premiered on 25 October 2013 on Arte (Association Relative à la Télévision Européenne).

^ CAREER

In 2015, at the age of 16, Blumenthal auditioned for the role of Zoe Murphy in Dear Evan Hansen, but she was originally denied the part. Two years later, in August 2017, Blumenthal was offered a vacation standby role for an original Dear Evan Hansen cast member, Laura Dreyfuss. Blumenthal never performed as Zoe during this time. However, in July 2018, she took over the role of Zoe Murphy full-time. She was on stage at the Music Box Theatre for a year until July 2019.

She was nominated for her role as Zoe Murphy in Dear Evan Hansen at Broadway.com Audience Awards in 2019.

From the time she got denied the part of Zoe to when she took over the role in July 2018, she appeared in a supporting role in the 2016 romantic musical film La La Land. Blumenthal performed on stage as Eva in Bring It On: The Musical in 2017 and as Joanne in Rent the following year. Blumenthal could be seen in a couple of episodes in the first season of Dark.

Apart from performing on stage, Blumenthal appeared in various shows and films. In 2018, she could be seen on NBC's Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. She was also cast as Bridget in Ari Aster's supernatural horror film, Hereditary.

On 17 September 2019, she joined the ensemble of the jukebox musical Moulin Rouge! She was a swing and understudied the roles of both Satine and Nini. The production was put on hold beginning in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

In 2020, Blumenthal appeared as Leanne Manning in FBI: Most Wanted on CBS. She was also scheduled to play Kim MacAfee in Bye Bye Birdie at the Kennedy Center the same year. However, the production was cancelled because of the pandemic.

^ PERSONAL LIFE

She holds dual citizenship in England and Germany.

Her cover of "Requiem" from Dear Evan Hansen has over 5 million views on YouTube.

Blumenthal used to divide her time between New York and Dortmund, Germany. Since late 2019, she has been based in New York.

In addition to her native German, she is fluent in both English and Dutch. She is conversant in French.

Blumenthal supports Borussia Dortmund and Chelsea. She is a fan of the New York Rangers and Philadelphia 76ers. She is said to be a big Formula 1 fan.

In June 2016, she began dating American professional footballer, Christian Pulisic. They had met each other a year prior when Pulisic played for the German football club Borussia Dortmund. They broke up sometime in August 2019.

^ FILMOGRAPHY

FILM
2016, La La Land. Arielle
2018, Hereditary. Bridget
2020, Know Fear. Jami

TELEVISION
2008–2010, KDD. Gina Henke
2013, Unter Verdacht: Ohne Vergebung. Mieke Müller
2017, Dark. Claudia
2018, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. Haley Sadler
2020, FBI: Most Wanted. Leanne Manning

^ THEATRE
2017, Bring It On: The Musical. Eva
2018, Rent. Joanne
2018–2019, Dear Evan Hansen. Zoe Murphy
2019–2020, Moulin Rouge!. Swing. Understudy: Nini, Satine