2. Persephone's High Tower

S1E1
a/n hey guys! quick psa, the information in this chapter about succubi is specific to this story, it's not necessarily going to be accurate to other lore or information regarding them. i also want to note that episodes will be broken up into multiple chapters depending on content, i just hope it doesn't feel too drawn out. enjoy!

After the newest students of Nevermore had received their schedules and uniforms the trio split up

After the newest students of Nevermore had received their schedules and uniforms the trio split up. Wednesday had gone to say goodbye to her family, and Enid had gone in search of her other friends, while Lilith found herself wondering the halls of Nevermore Academy. Which is why her father found her standing in an alcove, staring out across the quad at the mural Xavier Thorpe had been working on, an Edgar Allen Poe statue standing tall behind her.

"What's so fascinating about a couple of ravens, little hellhound?" Lucifer says as he comes to stand beside the young Morrigan girl.

"It's not the ravens, papa," Lilith says softly. "It's the artist. Something strange happened earlier." She turns towards the man after a moment.

"Strange how?"

"On Enid's tour, she told us about that murals creator." Her voice is almost a whisper, and had it been anyone else next to her they would not have heard her. "A boy named Xavier Thorpe."

"A boy?" Her father's voice filled with amusement. "Was he cute?" Lilith giggles.

"Yes, but that's not the point," she sighs. "We locked eyes for only a moment, but," Lilith trails off.

"But it felt like a lock clicking into place?" Her father guesses. Lilith's head snaps up towards Lucifer with wide eyes.

"Yes!" she exclaims. "How did you know?" The man smiles down at her.

"Your mother," he says. "I can't tell you much, as it's best for you to discover on your own. But I can offer you some advice. Get to know the boy, it may very well change your life."

Just then the pair notices a group walking through the quad. Xavier Thorpe, the gorgon boy Ajax, and the scarred boy Lilith had seen earlier. The trio of boys are laughing and shoving each other playfully, only one taking notices to the pair opposite them. A pair of bright green eyes lock with hers, causing the scarred boy to stumble to a stop. A string pulls tighter inside Lilith's chest as she lets out a small gasp, her lips falling apart slightly. Confusion rushes through the girl.

"Oh dear," Lucifer laughs. "Well, this may complicate things."