6 | The Snap

CHAPTER SIX | THE SNAP

Thanos arrives in the Soul world where he sees someone standing in the middle of a gazebo. He gets closer to see a young Gamora. She turns around, facing him.

"Did you do it," she asks.

"Yes," he replies.

"What did it cost?"

"Everything."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Back on Earth, Thanos looks at the destruction by snapping his fingers. He stumbles back in front of Thor.

"What did you do?" he asks. "What'd you do?" Thanos leaves back in the blue portal that he arrived in.

"Where'd he go?" Steve asks. He looks around. "Thor. Where'd he go?"

"Steve?" Bucky asks. Steve looks to the side to see Bucky fade to dust. Multiple Wakandans begin to disappear and the remaining Dora Milaje and M'Baku look on.

On the ground, T'Challa crawls toward Okoye. "Up, General. Up! This is no place to die." Holding onto each other's arm, T'Challa disappears.

In front of each other, Rocket watches as Groot slowly disappears. "Oh... no, no, no! Groot! No."

Kneeling over Vision's stoneless corpse, I feel Wanda's connection to me shatter. I look over to the side of me to see her disappear, her hand fading from mine. I'm in shock as not only did I lose Vision, but I lost my sister as well.

Sam disappears as Rhodey calls out to him not knowing he was less than a foot away from him. "Sam!" he calls out. "Sam, where you at?"

Elsewhere, on Titan, Peter Quill, Drax, Mantis, Peter Parker, and Doctor Strange all disappear.

Steve turns over Vision's body to see the destruction. Natasha runs up behind me, putting her hand on my shoulder. I turn around in tears as she pulls me into a hug. I sobbed on her shoulder as she comforted me knowing what we all lost.

"It's okay," she tells me.

"What is this?" Rhodey asks. "What the hell is happening?"

"Oh, God," Steve says in disbelief.