-NOVEMBER. 3.-

"A, don't mope, she's been gone for two hours." Carmilla rolled her eyes at the dramatic girl next to her.

Ace continued to pour far too much gravy onto what looked like a scone. She sighed and stared into the distance. Carmilla couldn't even tell if she was joking or not. "Two long Juneless hours......"

She stabbed her wand into one of the waffles stacked on a golden dish and put it onto her plate. There was no chocolate sauce on any of their tables. She still didn't know where the waffle girl from Divination got hers.

Carmilla was about to open her mouth when something hit her squarely on the back off her head.

She whipped around with a glare but was met with the sad face of James Potter.

He was at his own table with his friends, but because both of their tables were next to each other, they may as well have been eating breakfast together. Carmilla had yet to sink back into the playful banter she usually had with James and Sirius, and the kinder conversations with the other two. It had only been a week since the 'incident' as Ace now called it, so she thought their neediness was a little exaggerated.

She tipped some raspberries onto her waffles. Carmilla wasn't quite sure why they were so upset over their spat, it wasn't a fight. They weren't even friends.

Were they friends?

"A, am I friends with them?" Carmilla whispered, her thumb over her shoulder, pointing towards the four boys.

They waved when Ace looked around her friend to see who Carmilla was pointing at. She scrunched up her nose. She scoffed. "Yes? I mean, unless you're still mad at them...but that doesn't mean you've ditched them forever."

"Really?"

"Wait, you don't think your friends? You and Sirius are like-"

Carmilla cut off Ace's rant, not wanting to hear anything that would make her gag. She stood up, took her plate of waffles and berries, and walked over to the Gryffindor table. She sat down between James and Remus. James put down the sliced cucumber he had been throwing at her warily.

"Are we friends?" She asked, and began squashing the raspberries into her waffles. She cut a piece of waffle off as everyone stared at her. They didn't answer her question.

"Are we not friends?" Sirius asked quietly, looking up from his bowl of bobbing cereal puffs that smelt of honey.

"I don't know how humans work," Carmilla muttered.

No one picked up on what she meant, hopefully taking it as a joke, but Remus choked on his slice of toast lathered in some orange paste. James took a bite of his cucumber. "Yeah... if you're not wanting to kill me...?"

"Nah," Carmilla said. She ate another bit of her waffle. Ace and Carmilla had walked June down to the train station, with her bags and arms full of magical Christmas presents for her family, who were muggles, but the girls had ended up missing breakfast, so now they were starving. Luckily, they still served waffles at lunchtime. And dinner. "I got over that ages ago."

Peter started making a baguette sandwich. "So have you decided to be our friend? I'd wait a few days, if I were you. James was planning to stage a-"

"Nope!" James hissed, and threw his thoroughly chewed on cucumber at Peter, who ducked it without looking up from his slices of ham. "I never thought you'd be the one who betrayed me! How could you?"

"Yeah yeah, we're friends." Carmilla huffed, and let Sirius steal one of her waffles.

She had Charlie, the girls, and these idiots.