Chapter 2

Stefan's POV

Stefan is sitting on the floor, only just finished healing after being stabbed in the Stomach by Klaus.

Klaus has a glass of blood in his hands and crouches down to speak to him.

Kathrine is looking on in fear and curiosity.

"I heard about this one vampire, crazy bloke, always on and off the wagon for decades. When he was off, he was magnificent. 1917, he went into Monterrey and wiped out an entire migrant village... A true ripper. Sound familiar?" Klaus said with a small level of sadistic glee.

"I haven't been that way in a long time" Stefan announced, looking up at Klaus with a defiant edge to his eyes.

"Well, that's the vampire I can make a deal with. That kind of talent that I can use when I leave this town." Klaus says standing up. "Katerina, come here"

Katherine gets closer to the two men. Klaus takes her arm, his face changes, his eyes are yellow and his canines' extent. He bites her.

"Aah! Aah! No. NO...No. NO NO"

Klaus bites into his own wrist and makes Katherine drink his blood. Her wound heals and Klaus looks at Stefan.

"You want your cure? There it is" Klaus exclaims with triumph tinting his voice.

"He was right, your blood is the cure." With that said Klaus looks at Stefan with slight confusion. Who is he?

"Gotta love mother nature"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later, after Klaus forced Stefan to drink 8 blood bags and finally allowed Kathrine to leave Alaric's apartment with the cure to the dismay of Stefan, they both walk down to a warehouse filled with crates.

Elijah's body is lying in a coffin, put there earlier by some vampire minions loyal to Klaus.

"I suppose brother, you've been reunited with our family." Klaus closes the coffin and turns to the vampires, "Put him with the others, were leaving town tonight."

The vampires move his coffin into a truck filled with 4 other coffins. Stefan is standing nearby and receives a text.

'Damon's okay. Where r u?'

Klaus turns to look at Stefan, "so...did Katerina make it in time?"

"You won't be seeing her again, you know." He says looking at Klaus

"Because she's on vervain? I've been around a long time, Stefan. I rarely get played for a fool. Besides, she won't get far. You'll help me see to that." Klaus explains, glee coating the last of his words.

Stefan walks up to him, "what is it you really want from me?"

"All will be explained in time. Once we leave this tragic little town."

"Then are we done here? Can we go?"

Klaus raises a hand in front of Stefan, two fingers up. "Not quite. Just two things first."

Stefan rolls his eyes, wanting desperately for Klaus to get over with the dramatic crap, so they can get out of town and away from the still very much alive Elena Gilbert.

"What did you mean when you said, 'he was right', who was right?" Klaus asked, looking intently at Stefan.

"Really, that's what you want to know? Look it doesn't matter."

"I will be the judge of that Stefan." Klaus says, reminding Stefan of who is in control here.

"I found a website." Stefan states.

"A website." Klaus says with obvious disdain in his voice.

"Do you want me to explain or not." Stefan snaps. Klaus simply rolls his eyes and gestures for Stefan to continue.

"I found a website that had lots of information on the supernatural. This was back when we were trying to find out if werewolves were a thing. And at first, I thought it was just some joke website. But as I was reading through the vampire section, I realised that all the information on it was true."

"So, someone out there is just giving away information about the supernatural for just anybody to see!" Klaus exclaimed mortified.

"No. I thought that too at first, but the welcome page has a very good description of how the coding is infused with um magic or something like that so any not-in-the-know humans, supernatural hunters or supernatural people looking to use the information for negative purposes can't see the website." Stefan explains to a hesitant looking Klaus.

"Magic code?" Klaus sounds incredulous.

"I know that's what I thought at first, but I told Damon about the website and when he went looking for ways to kill a werewolf after his first attempt failed all he could see was a blank page, but I could see the welcome page."

This causes Klaus' eyes to become trained solely on Stefan in intrigue.

"Anyway, so I realised that the info on vampires was correct but the info on werewolves was saying that there were two different types of werewolves." After saying this Klaus starts to nod his head.

"Which you obviously know already but at the time that sounded ridiculous. But um on the website there was an email address so you can email the founder of the website with any queries or questions you may have. So, I asked if he was sure werewolves were real and he sent me all this information that basically suggested there was no way werewolves weren't real."

"Smart. He called you stupid without having to actually call you stupid." Klaus says impressed.

"Anyway, I've been emailing him back and forth for a few months, asking him different supernatural questions, Which Damon thought was a waste of money."

"Money?" Klaus questions.

"Oh, um yeah, he charges for each question you ask and depending on how long it takes to get you an answer depends on how much he will charge you. And if he can't find an answer but comes up with a theory, he will get you to pay half his normal rate. Then if you ask him to find an object of spell, he will make you pay for the object itself and for how long it took for him to find it." Stefan explains.

"So, this person found out that my blood was the cure?"

"Well, no not exactly, he just said that a person with both vampire and werewolf DNA would have a cure. He didn't explain how they would have the cure."

"I am liking this person more and more." Klaus exclaims with a hint of something Stefan can't decipher. "What is this website called?"

"Why? You probably won't be able to see it considering you're not exactly a good guy." Stefan says.

"The name." Klaus orders.

"Little Red's beastiary." Stefan answers immediately.

"Little Red" Klaus says the words slipping off his tongue with humour and slight intrigue.

Not liking how Klaus is speaking Stefan prompts, "can we go now?"

"Not quite. You see, I have a gift for you. Come here sweetheart. Don't be afraid."

A girl walks over from behind a crate slightly shaking but making no sound or move to run as she has been compelled to do neither.

"See, I wanna make sure you honour our deal...that you'll be of use to me." Saying that Klaus bites the girl's neck and then lets her go. "I could have compelled her to behave, but a real ripper enjoys the hunt."

She runs away, screaming but doesn't get very far as Stefan speeds over to her and bites viciously into her neck, drinking her blood until she dies.

Klaus never once taking his eyes off them.

"Now we can go"