chapter 5 | the accident and "the hair harrington"

"Eleven!" "What's this?" Hopper yelled.

He came out of the bathroom with my filthy, bloody, dirty hospital gown in his hands.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

We all exchanged looks. Shoot.

"Umm.." El said.

"We have a uh.. masquerade at school soon!" Max said trying to convince him. "It's mine". "I'm dressing up as an um.. lunatic?".

Her voice was all shaky and not convincing at all. This was going to go badly. Very badly. I could feel it.

Hopper death stared us all.

"First of all, it's summer. You have no school. Second of all, this is real blood. I can tell". "Stop lying. Eleven, where did you get this from?"

His yelling reminded me of my time back in Russia. A cold shiver went down my spine.

No one said anything. Even the silence was loud. Why weren't anyone saying anything?

Suddenly Hopper looked over at me. I couldn't look him in the eyes. I think he could see that this had something to do with me. I looked back at him. He slowly walked over to me.

"Who are you?" he said, slowly and silently, but there was anger in his voice.

I closed my eyes. I couldn't tell him, right?

He got mad. Really mad. He came so close that I could feel his breathing against my nose. Now I could see what Mike had meant earlier.

"I said, who the FUCK are you child!?" He grabbed my arm. Tight. "Answer me". "NOW".

I couldn't take it anymore. I think it mostly had to do with the trauma from being locked up and abused for eight years, but whatever. It happened. It's not like I can control it anyway.

I started breathing heavily. I let out an ear splitting scream and it ended up with Hopper flying to the other side of the room. Shit. What had I done? I had just threw a grown man across the room with my mind, and he wasn't even an enemy.

Mike gasped, and Max put her hand to her mouth. I think the only one of the people in this room who might understand, was El.

Still, one said anything, not even Eleven. I expected her to stand up for me, but no. Hopper looked at me with a non readable face as he landed on the floor. It wasn't mad, it definitely wasn't happy, mostly confused I think. Maybe a tiny bit of concern too. But I couldn't take it anymore.

The others just sat there. I could not be here anymore. I left. I could hear Eleven behind me when I ran off I think, but I guess my luck was over for now.

•••

I walked in the woods for at least a couple hours I think. It was pretty hot outside. I wiped the sweat from my forehead with the back of my hand. Oh, I was thirsty.

I reached a railway. It looked like it hadn't been used in a while, so it was probably safe. I decided to sit down by it for a couple minutes to rest.

I think I might've fallen asleep for a little while, because suddenly I woke up from the noise of faint voices. I looked around. I could see two people approaching a couple meters away. It was two guys, one a little younger with curly hair and one older with amazing, silky, brown hair. They were both holding one bucket each throwing around some kind of meat.

"But man, what's the secret?", the little one said. "How do you keep your hair that way?" he begged the tall one to tell him.

"Well", the big one started. He was about to continue when he laid eyes on me.

"Hey there!" he started. "You need help?". He looked at me with gorgeous blue eyes.

I didn't know what to answer. The curly haired boy was also staring at me now. What was I gonna say? Uh, well I ran away from the only people I could trust, so now I'm camping out here in the woods?! No.

"Um, well" I managed to say. "I think I'm lost".

"Okay well, we're gonna help you" the brown haired said. "I'm Steve Harrington and this is Dustin Henderson". "What's your name?" The brown haired said, also known as Steve now.

Steve and Dustin. Nice. I might even be able to trust them.

"Well, I'm y/n", I responded.

Dustin nodded. He hit Steve on the arm and said to me:

"Y'know, he also goes by The Hair Harrington" Dustin said and laughed. I laughed too.

"I see, you're probably very liked by the girls only because of your hair?" I chuckled.

"Right on point". "And my charm, of course", he said and winked, but in the most platonic way.

"By the way", I asked. "What are you guys doing?" I pointed at their meat filled buckets.

Dustin looked at Steve.

"Well, my pet kinda ran away", Dustin said embarrassed.

"Woah, what kind of house pet eats that big pieces of meat?" I looked at them with a confused look.

Dustin started explaining. His name was Dart, that he'd been some kind of reptile that he found in his trash can but that it'd grown into a..

"Demogorgon!?" I exclaimed. "You two are trying to catch a demogorgon?".

Dustin and Steve looked at each other with confused and surprised faces.

"Well, he's actually a demodog and.." Dustin started but didn't get to finish.

"Shut up Dustin!" Steve said and kicked him on the leg. He looked over at me and asked:

"How do you know about.."

I started again with the explaining as we walked. My powers, How I'd escaped from Russia, why, what I knew about the upside down world, the whole damn process, yeah you know it.

Steve turned to me.

"Are you ok?" "I mean, you just arrived back home this morning and all that shit, have you eaten?" he rambled on concerned.

"Don't worry, I'm fine! Actually I had some girls help me earlier, but then I accidentally threw one of the girls dad in the air with my mind when he yelled at me, and now I can't go back" I explained.

"Hold on, sorry but she's just like El right?" Dustin said to Steve. "Y'know, supergirl?".

"Uh.. I was actually at Elevens house earlier, Max and Mike helped me too" I interrupted. "You guys know them?".

Dustin and Steve looked at me.

"You threw Jim Hopper in the air?" they both said.

"Yes".

"Well now I understand you can't go back" Dustin scoffed.

Suddenly I could hear something rustling somewhere in the forest. "You guys hear that?".

"Dustin", Steve whispered. "I think we might've found your pet".

{A/N}
Hi, I'm sorry if I mix up season 2 and 3 events a little bit but I'm just trying to make everything fit so I hope that's ok. We're kinda in season 3 rn cuz I think that'll fit better just so everyone is aware!<33