C.o.S.

Your p.o.v.

We're currently in Transfigurations.

"Today, we will be turning animals into water goblets." McGonagall told us.

She taps the bird with her wand three times, and it transforms into a beautiful crystal water goblet.

"Now, who would like to go first. . . Mr. Weasley." McGonagall says and walks over to him.

"Now, 1.*tap* 2.*tap* 3.*tap* Vera Verto." She told him.

Ron nods, *clears throat* *taps three times* "Vera Verto!"

Scabbers squeaks and turns into a furry water goblet with a tail, still squeaking.

The class laughs.

"That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley." McGonagall informed him.

"She's right. If you get a new wand and try it again, it should look like this. . . *tap tap tap* Vera Verto!" I said, and my cat turned into a crystal water goblet.

"Very good, Ms. Snape. Ten points to Slytherin." She said.

Hermione raised her hand.

"Yes, Ms. Granger?" McGonagall asked.

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets?" Hermione asked her.

The class became dead silent, and almost everyone is out of their seats.

"My subject is transfiguration, Ms. Granger." McGonagall told her.

"Yes, Professor. But there seems to be very little written about the Chamber of Secrets. For those of us with a personal interest in the subject that is. . . Disturbing." Hermione explained.

McGonagall contemplates whether or not she should tell us, but soon gives in seeing the look on everyone's face.

"Vey well, you all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by four greatest wizards and witches of age:

Godric Gryffindor,

Helga Hufflepuff,

Rowena Ravenclaw,

And Salazar Slytherin.

Three of the founders co-existed quite harmoniously. One did not." McGonagall said.

"Three guesses who?" Ron asked sarcastically.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts.

He believed that magical learning should be kept within all-magic families.

In other words, pure-bloods.

Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school.

According to legend, Slytherin had built a secret chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets.

Shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his one true heir returned to the school.

The heir alone would be able to open the Chamber of Secrets and unleash the horror within, and so by doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's eyes, were unworthy to study magic." McGonagall informed us.

"Muggle-borns." Hermione said.

"Yes. Naturally, the school has been searched many times for such a chamber. It has never been found." McGonagall said.

"Professor, what exactly does legend tell us lies within the chamber?" Hermione asks.

"The Chamber is said to be home to something which the heir of Slytherin alone can control. It is said to be home. . . Of a monster. . ." McGonagall told us.