They say, They say, They say

Why did you change? 'They say', you used to be so sweet 'they say' where did that sweet little girl go 'they say', you used to be so quiet 'they say', you used to be so happy 'they say', you used to be soo..... COMPLIANT 'they say'. Why did you 'they say', she's loud and obnoxious 'they say', she's so rude 'they say', she's disrespectful 'they say', she's mean 'they say', she's disobedient 'they say'. You used to be so nice, you used to be so sweet, you used to bee..... OBEDIENT, you used to, you used to, you used to be. Why did you change?

Why did I change? Hmm... Why did I change? Because you told me to, you told me I needed to be prettier, thinner, thicker, louder. You told me if I wasn't ok I needed to say so, you told me to speak up, I can't hear you 'you said'. I spoke up and you said I was to loud, I voice my opinion and I'm obnoxious, I demand the same respect as you do and I'm disrespectful, I treat you as you once treated me and I'm rude, mean, evil, I say no and I'm disobedient.

All I ever used to be was kind, sweet, loving and caring, all I ever said when asked was yes, no problem. You say, you say, you say, what about what I say, I say I was a doormat, I say I let you walk all over me I was afraid to say no, I was afraid to challenge, I was afraid to speak up I was afraid and now I'm that I'm not, you say I've changed..... because I have, just not how you like,

I spit venom and breath fire now I'm stronger now I stopped being so sensitive you would rather me small, quiet, obedient, respectful, nicer, kinder, sweeter. You would rather me who I was and not who I am. You used so nice 'they say', you used to be so sweet 'they say'. You used to be 'they say'.