I See Something

It was not her imagination this time. Though it was faint, it is a clear and distinctive voice calling out to Catori. She rises upright, numbers on her M&M clock glowing signalling three am. This hour is said to be the witching hour, as her grandmother would often call it. A time when the dead and supernatural beings return to our world when they are at their most powerful.

Sweat trickled down her neck, rubbing the back of it. Licking her lips she looked towards her bedroom door she had open.

"Carlian? Mom?" Catori whispered. "That you?"

Only silence greeted her. A groan almost escaped, feeling a sickness pool. Her bare feet touch the wooden floor boards. Please, please don't let me actually see 'someone' She began to read up on her people's history of spirits. Wendigos, Water Babies, Thunderbird. But the one that frightened her above any other was the Two-Face.

Another cannibal spirit that preys on children and pregnant women. She entered their bathroom in the hallway upstairs, wincing when the door she pushed creaks open. Turning on the light, she is relieved not to find Two-Face. Laughter almost escaped, leaning against the door running a hand down her face.

You're so silly, I mean really! Nine-years old and you believe in this stuff still?

Lukewarm water runs down her face after splashing it once, then twice. She poured herself a small cup of water. One good thing about this town, at least their trap water isn't crappy

Catori looks at herself in the mirror again. It's her reflection. Nothing out of the ordinary. When she realized her face is clean, not covered in dirt or scrapes and cuts. Her eyes are not wide and pleading, tears like mini waterfalls.

"Cat...Cat please...get me out....!"

She was going to scream. But no sound came out. She could only stare at the face of her twin, Kateri on the other side of the mirror.

"Kateri? Kateri?" she uttered. Chest rising and falling.

Kateri looked behind her, once shiny and soft black-hair that Catori once dipped the end in neon green paint a wild mess of locks. "I can't talk for long....me and Will....we're...."

Something. She heard what sounded like growls on the other side of the mirror, along with Will Byers panicked whispering for Kateri. "Kateri? Where are you? Is Will really there?"

"I-I have to go...that thing's coming back, sis....!"

"Kateri!"

She screamed it this time, trying to reach for her sister. It was loud enough to wake Carlian and their mother, rushing for the bathroom. "Catori, Catori!" Helona screamed. "What is it?! Baby, it's alright! It's alright..." she soothed, pulling her sobbing daughter gently away from the mirror kneeling beside in her robe on the tiled floor. Carlian could only stare in shock at his sister's state. Placing a hand upon her shoulder, as Catori sobbed and sobbed in her mother's arms. Muttering 'I saw her! I saw Kateri!'

Catori finally fell asleep with Carlian keeping a close eye, while Helona called Jim Hopper to let him know she'll be a little late this morning. He was understanding of it to her relief.

Carlian grips her hand into his, biting his inside cheek. "Is she awake, yet?" Helona whispered, kneeling on Catori's other side of her bed.

"Not yet...mom, I've never seen her like this before."

"Neither have I, Carlian. It's odd and frightening...Kateri. She...she did mention her name..."

"It could be a breakdown. You know Cattie: She holds everything in, until an explosion happens." Carlian replied. Remembering her last breakdown when she found out they were moving.