Getting Acquainted

"Who might this new friend of thine be?" Krul asked Mikaela, who was stood before a massive table; at which the pink haired woman sat.

"I only just met him last night. I hardly know him..." He put on a stoic face and replied.

"Come along now Mika, grant me the details." Krul rested her elbows on the oaken table before her.

"I chanced upon him in the forest... and protected him from Ferid."

"Why didest thou protect him."

"I... pitied him." Mikaela explained, not once meeting the eyes of the woman before him.

"Very well then, thou canst leave me and go about thy business." Krul dismissed Mikaela and leaned back in her chair.

The blond stood frozen in place. He finally made eye contact with Krul, his surprise at her dismissal showing in his face. A single drop of perspiration formed on his cheek.

Mikaela finally turned and exited the vacant dining hall.

——————————————————————

Yuichiro was stirred from his rest by the creaking of the door. He blinked wearily and looked up to see the pink haired women, Krul. She carried with her a lamp which brought the room out from the pitch darkness it had fallen into since the candle had run out.

The lamp illuminated the room with a clear light that outshone any candle. Yuichiro had only a moment to wonder at the multitude of tiny, starlike lights it cast across the ceiling and walls before Krul spoke.

"Didest thou rest well?" She enquired as she stepped up to his bedside and set the lamp upon the table, beside the pitcher.

"Uh, yes. As well as one can with injuries such as mine." Yuichiro sat upright and put a hand to his left side, where said injury subsisted.

"Good. Wouldst thou like something to eat? I take it thou hast not been fed for more than a day.

Yuichiro stayed his hungry mind and thought for a moment. Mikaela had advised him against trusting this women, but he was in deed famished. Surely Mikaela did not mean for him to refuse food from her. Whatever the case Yuichiro was hungry, and any doubts he had were weaker than his desire to ease his empty gut.

Yuichiro was quite satisfied after eating a decently sized pot pie, filled with carrots, onions, potatoes, and what he deduced to be venison.

"I thank thee greatly for the meal." He told Krul as he relinquish the bowl from which he had eaten.

"I am glad to be of service to thee." Krul smiled.

Why did Mikaela dislike this kind, beautiful lady? Yuichiro could not say, he only smiled back at those shining red eyes. A peculiar color for eyes indeed.