Welcome to the Dark III

"Thomas..." A voice whispered in his ear as the corridor slowly started to grow dark and cold.

"Thomas, you ungrateful bastard!" The voice bellowed into his ear, causing the said man to jump and swing his head back to collide with the wall behind him with a loud thud.

'No...' Thomas began to think frantically as he tried to regather his barrings and started to crawl away from the source of the noise.

"You knew you weren't loved and look at what you did! You killed your sister. You killed me." The voice grunted as Thomas keeled over onto his side as a sudden force pushed him onto the ground. 

Looking up, he saw the bloodshot eyes of his drunken father.

'No! Anyone but you!' Thought Thomas, starring at the figure in front of him with wide eyes.

The man only laughed as his dull black hair fell into his eyes. A thick red line that had wrapped around the mans throat seemed to stand out in contrast to the white collared shirt that he had worn. 

The man loomed over him menacingly as he clutched his broad hands into fists. Thomas had closed his eyes and shielded his face with his arms, preparing himself for an onslaught that never came, instead a gentle hand was shaking him.

"Thomas. Tom, honey? Is everything okay?" The voice soothed in his ear as he slowly but unwillingly allow his arms to part and peak through the gap, which only allowed him to see the worried green eyes of Carol staring back at him. 

With a silent gasp, Thomas had latched himself onto Carol, shaking as he a tried to recompose himself, while Carol only sat in mild surprise at the intimacy between the two of them, a light blush had set gently on her face.

With a deep breathe, Thomas slowly departed from Carol and got up dusting the dirt off of him before offering Carol his hand, shyly looking up at him she took it and too, stood and dusted herself off.

"I came to apologize for making fun of you for being a virgin. I mean, I just figured that you'd be the guy running around and breaking hearts..." The auburn haired woman had explained in an undertone as both her and Thomas had set off down the hall. "Oh, and you forgot this!" She exclaimed, her energy shining through once more as she handed the clipboard and pen to her companion.

Steadily taking the object in hand, Thomas gave a small warm smile to Carol as they continued down the hall in a comfortable silence.