•.°☆ Wish upon a star 1/2 ☆°.•

[ship: binchan]

[❄️]

For centuries, Chan had made humans' wishes come true on Christmas day. Once the last rays of the sun kissed the snow-covered world goodnight and the moon rose on the 24th of December, the star deity kneeled by a sacred pond to look into the night-sky-painted surface.

He took off his necklace made of a piece of the evening star and whispered to it, “Look for the purest souls and come back with their wishes.” Then he tossed it in the pond, which connected his realm with the human world.

You see, Chan was the son of the moon and a goddess of wishing well. His mothers' love was pure and profound but the sun was jealous of the goddess of wishing well and dried her up and cursed her newborn. That's how Chan became the god of wishes who was to make human wishes come true once a year and spend the rest of it alone in the darkness.

Every year he would kneel by the sacred pond and watch the humans celebrate Christmas. There was laughter, love and light. People hugged and kissed. Children jumped for joy when it was time to open the presents. Chan smiled sadly at the sight. He would never experience such warmth and happiness.

His necklace came back materializing on the surface of the tranquil water. He reached for it and put it back on his neck. A beam of bright light shone on the pond and hundreds of people and their wishes appeared as images.

Most of them were children wishing their family members to be healthy. Some of them asked him to help them find their lost pets. Chan chuckled at the pure but clumsily-expressed wishes. Humans were such fascinating beings. Every year they would ask for similar things.

However, one wish caught his attention. It said, “I wish your dreams to come true.” Chan had never seen anything like that in his centuries-long life. No one ever used their wish to make him happy. Most people didn't even know he was more than a star that flickered in the night sky once a year.

Stunned, he gazed at the image of the boy to whom the wish belonged. He had jet-black curly hair and honey skin. His eyes were the colour of the milky way and his small but plump lips were soft pink. A pair of round golden-frame glasses sat on top of his small nose.

Chan's heart fluttered. He had never seen a more lovely boy than him. His sparkly smile lit up his dark world. Moved by the boy's beauty and pure heart, Chan closed his eyes and whispered, “I wish to become a human and meet the boy.”

The necklace started to glow brighter and brighter until the world drowned in light. When Chan opened his eyes again, he was blinded by the gleaming Christmas lights wrapped around a tall Christmas tree. It was warm. The scent of spruce and gingerbread filled his nostrils.

Chan blinked in astonishment. Where was he? Did his wish actually come true? He looked around and caught a short dark-haired boy with soft pink lips and round glasses staring at him in amazement. It was the boy.

[❄️]

Tbc...