•.°☆ Wish upon a star 2/2 ☆°.•

Ever since Changbin was a child he loved stargazing. His room was decorated with stars that glowed in the dark. Whenever it was time to sleep he would gaze at the star-shaped decorations on his ceiling, and imagine he was actually looking at the night sky.

Sometimes he sat by the window if his mother allowed him to stay up a few minutes longer and marvelled at the tiny twinkling lights. He especially loved to watch the wishing star which appeared in the sky only once a year on Christmas day.

Changbin always wondered whether the star ever felt lonely. It shone brighter than any other star and it carried an important meaning but it seemed much more distant. Other stars shone in clusters. The wishing star was always alone in the vast night sky.

"Changbinnie, look, look! It's the wishing star! Make a wish!" his mother beamed. The boy put his tiny hands together and closed his eyes but no wish ever came to his mind.

The boy always had everything. His mum and dad loved him. What more could he wish for?

Some years later he eventually realized what his wish really was. When he peeked outside and caught a glimpse of the beautiful star, he smiled softly and put his hands together like he had done when he was a child. This time he knew what he wanted to wish for. He opened his eyes and watched the star disappear in the darkness of the night, already missing its bright warm light. Sighing, he slowly turned around and froze.

He couldn't believe his eyes. A boy with a glowing aura was standing in the middle of his living room. His hair was fair and sparkling as if someone sprinkled it with glitter. A cluster of tiny star-like freckles spread across his cheeks. His lustrous honey-coloured eyes were focused on him as he was looking at him with fascination. Changbin blushed and shyly readjusted his glasses. 

"Who- who are you?" he stuttered. The oddly familiar-looking stranger snapped back to reality and blinked a few times. 

"I'm a... human...?" he mused slightly confused himself. Changbin chuckled secretly amused with the boy's reaction.

"I can see. I'm asking how you got into my house and why you are here, dummy," he explained biting his soft lip when he realized what he called the stranger. Strangely enough, instead of panicking, he felt at ease with the boy as if they had known each other.

"Your wish came true and I became a human," the boy replied making Changbin even more confused.

"But my wish was– oh!" 

"Your wish was for my wish to come true. No one has ever asked for something like that, so I wanted to meet you, but to do it, I had to become a human."

"So you are the wishing star?" shocked, Changbin asked. The boy nodded.

"Actually, my name is Chan," he smiled and Changbin's heart fluttered. His smile was so bright and warm it could melt snow. "Nice to meet you."

[❄️]

The end 🤍