A Mission Gone Wrong

"Mission! Mission! Caw! Caw!" You're crow said while flying above you "Mission with The Water Hashira! Tomioka Giyuu! Caw! Caw!"

"Hmm... Who is that again?" You said while you raised your pointer finger sideways for your crow to land on.

"Head West! Demon spotted! Mission! Mission! Caw! Caw!" You're crow continued after landing on you're finger.

"Fine..."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

You headed west and stopped at a village where the demon was located. While spectating the village you spotted The Water Hashira. But ofc you being you're forgetful self, you didn't recognize him until you're crow pointed out.

"Water Hashira! Caw! Caw!" You're crow that was on you're shoulder stated.

The Water Hashira spotted you thanks to you're crow and started walking towards you.

"There you are Tokito Y/n" He said with a face expression similar to yours — Blank

You just looked at him silently, you're mint green orbs looking at his ocean blue orbs. You both just stood there silently for a few minutes, until The Water Hashira decided to spoke up after a sigh.

"Let's go Tokito. We don't have any much time to waste" He said turning his back to you and walked away.

The Water Hashira was in front of you, looking left and right searching for anything strange. While also glancing back at you from time to time to make sure you we're following.

You however was just looking straight forward, looking at The Water Hashira's tied hair. Not paying attention to your surroundings.

'I wonder how he's hair works to make it look like that'  You thought, still oblivious of you're surroundings.

It's almost in the middle of the night yet there's still no clues about the demon in the area.

Until you and The Water Hashira heard a loud screech. You and The Water Hashira looked at each other and gave a nod. The Water Hashira started sprinting towards the noise, while you climbed on a roof before jumping to the other and the other and the other until you reached the noise — it was a demon

You jumped up high in the air with your dominant hand on the handle of your katana ready to slash the demon

"Kasumi no kukyo, Ichi no kata : Suiten Tōgasumi" You muttered before beheading the demon

After beheading the demon, Giyuu appeared and walk beside you

He looked at the demon and then you

'That was rather quick... It's not even a 12 kizuki demon, why do they need a Hashira for this? The lower ranks can kill it with ease' Giyuu asked thought to himself

You were about to walk away when you noticed that the demon wasn't disintegrating, confused, you tilt your head and tugged at Giyuu's haori who looks deep in thought

Giyuu looked at you while you were still staring at the beheaded demon, he as well looked at the demon and eyes slightly widened... Why is it not disintegrating yet?