Prologue

Today was a amazing day for one, Jack Phillips. He got a engagement ring for his girlfriend, Sophia. Life was going great for him.

It was cold out but he was too happy and excited to scold himself for not bringing a jacket because all he knew was that today was going to be the best day of his life.

Nothing could go wrong today.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why were you so late?" His sister, Vanessa, questioned as she opened the door for him. He looked over her shoulder to see if anybody else was around then pulled out the ring which was encased in a black velvet box.

Vanessa squealed and trapped him in a hug repeating, "My brother's gonna get married!". He pushed her off of him and quickly put the ring back in his pocket.

"Can I come inside?" He asked. He was freezing. Vanessa shrugged and opened the door wider and beckoned him inside. "Mama, your son is here!" She yelled as she locked the door.

"I'm in the kitchen!" She yelled back. The two siblings just stood there in a awkward silence. "You look good ." Jack said. "Thanks." She replied.

"We should go to the kitchen." Jack pointed in the direction, starting to get uncomfortable just standing. "Hey, Mom." He waved to her as she finished up dinner

"My son, look at you! Sophia have you been feeding this boy enough?" She yelled as Sophia walked in. "Yes ma'am I have been and he doesn't complain so..." Sophia trailed off feeling like she made her point.

"Help me prep the table." Sophia gestured to the now ready food on the counter. "Hello to you, too." He sassed, grabbing the food and going to the dining room.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"My dear, you happen to make the best food I ever tasted. You have outdone yourself again." James, Jack's father, praised his wife as he finished his third plate. "Well I made dessert. Does anybody want it?" She asked, standing up.

Vanessa slowly helped her mother back into her seat. "Actually, Mama I think Jack has something to say." Vanessa took her seat and mouthed to Jack 'You got this'.

Jack stood up in his chair and spoke, "Um well I do have something to say...", He trailed off, "to Sophia." He looked over at the woman sitting next to him.

"Sophia, I just wanna say that-" BOOM! The roof started to collapse, coming down in big chunks. debris rained on top of them. A big chunk of ceiling came down and hit him on the head as his vision started to fade...

____________________________________________________________________________
I just wanted to get this done so i'll do a part 2. Like this was sitting here since Christmas so I wanted it done and gone. Have a good day and part 2 will be soon, I promise.