21st December: Uncontrollable family

Wednesday, 21st December:

Brody: 13; Elleny & Noah: 4 (almost 5); Leo: 4; Mila: 1; Lola: 5 (doggo)

---

"Why didn't we take Lola to the Christmas market, Mama?", Noah wondered once they were getting out of the car. He was really excited to be here, especially since it was the middle of the week.

"Because there are way too many people walking around for her to feel comfortable. She's with Uncle Michael.", the neurosurgeon said. Derek, Meredith and Maggie were working today, and Evelyn was in LA, visiting Megan. Luckily, the twins' biological dad had agreed to taking care of the dog until tomorrow morning.

While he wasn't a fan of children and happy about Owen being his kids' father, he really loved dogs. And since he was still friends with Amelia, she could always count on him if it wasn't something related to the kids. All of them called Michael their uncle and the twins didn't know yet that Owen wasn't their biological dad.

"Okay, Brody stay close. Everyone else will hold one of our hands at all times.", the redhead told the children. "Otherwise, we might lose you between all those people and that would make you just as sad as it would make us.", he explained. "Shall I take Mila?"

"Nah, I wanna carry her.", his wife answered, already wrapping the carrier around their baby to provide body contact for her, so the small girl wouldn't get cold so quickly. "Can you just help me put on the poncho, please?"

"Of course, Babe.", Owen smiled and pecked her lips. The poncho had one whole which would make sure both their heads were free, but the rest of their bodies was being warmed from the outside. "Alrighty, two of you will come to daddy.", he announced, letting the kids choose. Leo wanted to be with his mama today, which meant the twins were holding their father's hands.

"Whenever you feel like it, my left hand is still free.", Amelia addressed her oldest son, causing him to roll his eyes. "You used to hold my hand all the time.", she pouted, hating the fact that her little boy was behaving like that already, even if she understood it.

"You can hold your mug with it once we have our first drink.", Brody replied, making his father laugh. "But what I would go for, you know, to keep my hands busy, is a package of candied almonds.", he winked at his mother, who scoffed.

"And I want chocolate strawberries!", Elleny begged and jumped up and down on her dad's hand. Her sister was curiously looking around, mesmerized by all the lights and noises around her. Leo held his mom's hand even tighter, a little overwhelmed by all the chaos.

"Soon.", the trauma surgeon decided. "First, we want to look around before we stop already, especially because once we stop, it's getting colder and there is only so much coldness we can take.", he explained.

"But Daddy, there's a carousel!", Leo noticed and pointed to it with his free hand. "Can we go on a ride? Please!", he asked his parents, who glanced at each other before they allowed it.

"I'll go with them, Mila will love it too.", his mother told her husband. There were colorful mugs that families could sit in. "I mean, at least nobody's going to puke since they haven't had any candy yet.", she chuckled. "Brody, wanna come with us?", she tried again.

"Nope.", the thirteen-year-old grinned. "I am not a kid anymore, Mom.", he reminded his once again pouting mama. "I know you're not going to give up, but two bags of candied almonds will do.", he cheekily added.

"This is so unfair.", the brunette sighed. "Talk to your father about that.", she said before she got into the yellow cup together with the toddlers and Mila, who was still wrapped against her. "Everyone stays seated.", she warned the children.

"DADA!", the one-year-old happily screamed upon seeing them pass their dad so many times. She was having the fun of her life. Her three older siblings were also laughing loudly, enjoying this ride to the fullest.

"Now how about a snack and a hot drink?", Owen suggested once the family was gathered again after the carousel had stopped. He wanted their oldest son to get his wish granted as well.

"Yeah!", all five kids replied, even Mila, who had no idea what had been said but liked the word snack since it always implied that food was being served to her soonish. She wouldn't get a hot drink though.