Chapter 5 - The Big Secret

8 days to Christmas

**Lily's POV**

Noah is such a poop head.

He totally ruined Christmas for my brothers because he told me the big secret about Santa. Now he got in trouble with Jay-Jay and with Alex, and I think some of the other boys are also a bit angry with him. And they seem a bit sad. I was sad, too, at first, and also kinda grumpy, like Will, when I found out from Noah that Santa isn't really real. But when he s'plained it to me, it made sense to me, I think.

Because, how can there be one Santa and he is everywhere in the whole wide world at the same time, in all the houses and all the chimneys?

Sammy says it's because of magic.

I love magic!

But Aid told me a loooong time ago that there is no such thing as magic and that only itty bitty tiny babies believe in it.

And I am not a little baby anymore!

I like magic though and I think it would be cool if it was real.

Maybe it is real and Aidan just doesn't know it because he is also still a kid and doesn't know everything, even if he most of the time thinks he does. He also thinks he is a big kid already just because he is bigger than me but that is not true. Ben says not to listen to him and that it is nature-al that he is bigger and also stronger because he has been here on this planet two years longer than me.

And Ben must know way more things than Aidan, because he has been here on the planet forever. Because he's really old. Not as old as Alex and Jay-Jay though.

Jay-Jay was so mad when I asked him about Santa yesterday. I saw it in his face because he is really bad at hiding his 'motions.

He said Noah has no idea what he's talkin' about and that of course there is a Santa. Then I asked him if he means the Santa in the mall and he looked at me a bit funny. I had to s'plain to him that there is more than one Santa in the mall, too, because the one I saw when I was there with Gracie and her mom was really, really big. And the one I saw when I was there with Luke a bit later didn't have a big Santa belly and he was super skinny.

So, I figured out already that the Santas in the mall are not real.

And if those are not real, maybe the real Santa isn't real, either?

Jay-Jay had to think about this for a long time – I know it was a very long time because he said he will talk to me about it when we get home and he made me go into the car with poop head Noah and with Aid who was really nice to me and I don't even know why but I didn't ask because I kinda liked it. Jay-Jay didn't say a word when he drove and he kept making strange faces when I saw him in the review mirror.

At home, he told Noah to go to his room. Then he picked me up and took me to the living room. He sat down on the big comfy chair with me and then he gave me a cuddle and I could hear his heart beat really loudly so I gave him an extra big cuddle back.

I love cuddling with Jay-Jay. With all of my brothers. Cuddles are the best. Maybe not so much with No-No and Aid because if you try to give them a hug they push you away. Aid shoves harder than Noah because he is a bit stronger. But it hurts from both of them if you end up falling on your butt. Still, sometimes, I threaten to give them a hug just to annoy them. It is very easy to get on their nerves, Aid-y more so then No-No.

When Jay-Jay's heart was sounding normal again, he made me sit up on his knees and put his big hands on my shoulders and he looked at me with a very important 'spression on his stubbly face. Then he told me the big secret.