Truth

"What is this?" Lou asks as he and the others notice Moxy and the others.

"Look at my bangs!" Babo says as he gestures to his bangs.

"Face it doll. They look better on him." A doll says.

"We're Pretty Dolls now." Moxy says.

"Well you certainly are." Lou says.

"So you're happy for us?" Moxy asks happily.

"So happy." Lou says.

"Why does he always have to say it in that one?" Ugly Dog asks.

"And yet so sad." Lou says.

"There he goes again." Ugly Dog says.

"You see I'm afraid all your hard work has been for nothing." Lou says.

"What does that mean?" Alexis asks annoyedly.

"No amount of makeup or fancy new clothes or dollscaping..." Lou says.

"Excuse you?" Babo asks.

"Can take away the fact that deep down, you are UglyDolls. There's no changing that UglyDolls can never pass the Gauntlet." Lou says.

"We don't believe you." Moxy says determinedly.

"You don't believe me? I suspected as much. Maybe you'll believe him." Lou says as he gestures to a sad looking ox.

"Ox?" Alexis asks curiously.

"Ox? I...I don't understand." Moxy says sadly.

"Moxy..." Ox says as he looks at Moxy.

"Ox wait. You won't believe this. The Big World is real!" Moxy says happily.

"I know." Ox says sadly.

"What?" Moxy asks in confusion.

"Come on Ox. Relieve the poor creatures of their confusion. Why don't you start at the beginning?" Lou asks.

"What's he talking about?" Alexis asks in confusion.

"Moxy all I wanted to do was protect you. But Lou's right. You're never gonna get to the Big World. Let me try to explain. It all began at the Doll Factory. I don't know how but I ended up here in the Institute. Lou welcomed me and we became close friends. And after I begged and begged he even let me train. I even felt like I might have a shot at the Big World. I was messing it up for the others and they started to turn on me. I was scared. But it was only Lou who saved me by showing me a way out. I wandered into the dark and that's when I discovered the ugly truth about who we are and where we came from. We UglyDolls are nothing but rubbish. The humans found us unlovable and threw us away. I blocked the way to Recycling so that outcast dolls would be diverted to our cove. We are rejects." Ox says as Moxy and the others gasp.

"No." Moxy says sadly.

"We belong in Uglyville where reject dolls can live safe and free of anyone else's judgement." Ox says.

"Oh Moxy. Look at you. This is what I've been trying to protect you from. But I'd realize you need to hear it from your oldest friend. You don't belong in the Big World. You don't belong anywhere. You shouldn't even exist." Lou says.

"Moxy I'm so sorry I lied." Ox says.

"So there's no Big World for us? No kid waiting? I'm so sorry, everyone. This is all my fault. I should never.." Moxy says sadly before running off.

"Moxy wait! Wait!" Ox shouts.

"Now Ox I'm an amazingly magnanimous guy. So I'll tell you what. Go back to Uglyville. Live your ugly little lives. Never come back here. And if you do it's Recycling for everyone." Lou says as he looks at Ox.

"Come on everyone. Let's go home." Ox says as the group begins to leave.

"Oh Alexis." Lou says as Alexis looks at him.

"What do you want Lou?" Alexis asks angrily.

"Perhaps now you could stay. You look far more like the rest of us than they do despite your ears and tail. But those are flaws that can be sculpted out I am sure. You have a promising future as a perfect doll unlike the uglies." Lou says as he smiles.

"Forget it. I'd much rather be where I'm accepted than around people who care about nothing but what's on the outside rather than the inside. Which reminds me my mistake for showing you any kindness the other day. I hope you are all happy with yourselves." Alexis says as she runs off to catch up to the others.