Zenitsu: Glee

Ha! Serves Tanjiro right for yelling at me like that! His face was comedic gold! The way his mouth gaped open when Kanao-chan was yelling at him. The way he sat so stiff and unmoving, like we were at his feet. I was giggling so uncontrollably behind the door, but that goody-two-shoes probably did not notice me.

It wasn't my fault anyways! I actually had a good intention behind my actions. Inosuke had stolen something from Tanjiro's haori pocket. Me, being the wonderful and caring person I was, approached Inosuke and attempted to take it back from him. But he just would not relent. Saying it was something shiny and pretty, that he wanted it. I got lumped in with that blockhead and yelled at as well. 

And why did Tanjiro even care for it so much? The way his face reddened considerably after seeing it in Inosuke's hands, and the hastiness with which he snatched it away. It looked like a piece of metal looped in a circle- piece of useless junk. The only pretty thing about it was this beautiful purple and green butterfly ornament on the ring. What is anybody going to do with it anyway? Why does Tanjiro even care about that thing?

Nevertheless, the way he snapped at us was very terrifying. The only instance I had seen him this mad was during our first mission together, when I refused to come with him into that haunted mansion which had that former lower moon killing children. He'd always been kind to me, and had even supported me when Gramps had killed himself over Kaigaku's transformation. But it was really refreshing seeing him being yelled at like that, by Kanao-chan! 

I may be wrong, but that lady has some sort of effect on Tanjiro- he's more joyful in her presence, and rarely spends time with us when we're all here. Just in the morning, when we showed up, Tanjiro told Kanao-chan that we would be staying at her place for two more days. That was totally not our plan, which was to leave after those two were done talking.

Just at that moment, I saw Tanjiro emerge from his room, with this melancholic joy about him. Immediately, I felt guilty about laughing at him. Look at that poor soul, he could barely crush an ant!

"Tanjiro, I'm really sorry," I run over to my friend and attempt to apologize, but Tanjiro stopped me.

"No, I'm really sorry, Zenitsu. I should not have yelled at you like that."

I blinked my eyes in confusion. Ehh? Why is this guy apologizing to me? Wasn't he the one who was yelling at us earlier?

"I should not have yelled at you like that. You were trying to do me a favour by taking the ring away from Inosuke and returning it to me. Inosuke's always like that, so I should have known better than to yell at you guys. I'm sorry."

Well, I should have seen this coming. Tanjiro's a very nice guy- he'll eventually come to his senses and do something very unnecessary like apologizing to a wrongdoer. I should humour him.

"It's fine Tanjiro. At least we're now on the same page."

I hugged him briefly, that invoked a small smile from him, then left him to go to wherever he wanted to go. Then it occurred to me.

A ring? Why does Tanjiro have a ring with him?