Invasion

I was having a quiet afternoon when basically the entire team barged in

I was having a quiet afternoon when basically the entire team barged in. They all wanted to meet my dog who loved the attention. "So why didn't you tell me you broke up with Belle" Adam asks "I don't know" I shrug "so how long" "four months no we haven't spoken" I answer my dad "that's cool I mean we all know your hot" Adam said making me laugh as he becomes awkward when they all look at him. His my big brother so despite the gigantic age gap he is just a big brother giving his little sister a confidence boost, nothing weird is going on. Most people in the room knew that as well, most people. "You get lonely" "you planning on moving in kev because you can" "or you can move in with me I have the house" "I'll think about it" I nod

I turn hearing my dad talk "this is Ruz' partner Bailey Halstead" I smile "Ley meet" "Dante Torres you" "his my dad a very long story for maybe when we actually know each other here though I generally go by Bailey" he nods "I'm kinda the tech expert a long with ruz partner I call him Addy should probably tell you that I'm often telling people to give things to Addy" i summarise "ok enough Voight wants those files" "you going up or" we were in the tech room "yeah" I pass the files to dad smiling "tell him to message me Addy is running a files and checking things" I tell him making him nod "hey uh I got the name Diane" he pull a crumpled paper from his pocket "been meaning to run it" "don't worry I can" Diane Crump was written in his very messy writing "you sure" "yep can run that stuff in the background and don't pretend that's not what you wanted" he rolls his eyes as i smirk "get to work" he said before leaving with Torres. "What do you think" Adam asks walking in I shrug "don't know yet" he just nods.

I was sitting at my computer in the bullpen. "Isn't it a bit weird working with your dad" Torres asks I could see Kim watching me. It was only the three of us. Dad and Voight were in his office everyone else was off elsewhere. "No I have basically been doing it since I was sixteen at least I can get paid now" I shrug walking over to the printer right as my phone goes off. I subtlety glance at Torres but make it look like I was looking at my desk. Dad had just alerted me to the fact he might be apart of a gang. I glance at dad as I walk back to my desk seeing him nod. I knew what he wanted. After dating a gang princess I just knew, he wanted to know. The worst thing I didn't want to potentially blow his career up on a guess. I sigh rubbing my face "you alright" "yeah just my ex" "Belle messaged you" Kim questioned, I forgot she was here. "Yeah she wants to meet up but I I can't go back even if I want to" "your girlfriend" Torres questioned slowly to clarify right as hailey walked in "I'm Bi into girls and guys" "it won't work we're on two different sides now for real" I rub my face "my ex is the Latin princess and" "they were perfect together" "and for each other" Kim and Hailey say "must of been hard" "sometimes" I nod. We were being weird it's his first day I think, this is to much info.

Being included in the Mollys after work drinks was both weird as it was fun. I loved it. "You want anything" dad asks getting up "nope I got to drive home" he nods walking over to the bar. I just listen to the people around me. He gently shoves me when he gets back "you alright" I nod smiling "want me to drive you home" I ask resting my head on my hands "what are you our valet now" I snort "oh I'm not having Addy In my car unless we are working" "I find that highly offensive" I just laugh shaking my head "uncle will as well" "what did I do" "Franks just being protective over her can" "I get that" Kelly said making me smile "oh look her and Kelly can bond over there cars" Stella teased. "So what is everyone doing for Christmas" Kim asks looking around "it's Makaylas first Christmas" she adds "I'm just going over to dads" I immediately said "probably just go over to Wills with her and Ellie" dad said shrugging before having a sip of his beer. I had grown a lot since moving out. I was never around Ellie but I was nice when she was. Still think of her as Satan, much like Adam. "You know where I'll be" Adam shrugged "I'll with Jay if you'll let me" "I don't mind" dad shrugged "Frank you coming" "yep same like every year" I said smiling "wait you spend Christmas together" Stella asks "yep not a normal Christmas without some Addy and Frank time" I shrug "we should get going Addy you went mon to drive you or are you" "I'll be fine" he assures making me nod. I give him a hug before walking out with my dad following. He wasn't drunk by any means but he had been drinking and we were cops.

"I'm proud of you" dad said suddenly making me smile "I don't say it and I go out of my mind with worry but I am proud of the woman you have become" I nod driving "how's Ellie" he sighs rubbing his face "worse than you that's for sure" Ellie would be sixteen now. She came to live with us when she was thirteen. "So you and Belle" "I just didn't see it working with me in the academy and her diving into gang life" he nods "so you and Hailey" "yeah we're going good I know you didn't want me to be with her" "your right I didn't but I learnt to I love you and your happy with her" I shrug turning the wheel to turn down the street. "I want to marry her" I almost press on the breaks extra hard "if you aren't ok with that I won't she's like a mother to Ellie or at least that's what it looks like" I felt the sinking feeling again. I hadn't felt it in years but here it was. I take a deep breath sighing as I pull up in front of dads new apartment. "I don't care dad really as long as your happy" he smiles "if you do do it can I be there though" "of course...want me to pick you up and take you to your truck tomorrow" "no I'll have Hailey" he leans over and kisses my head before getting out.