New year special!

I might write this when they're in the real world too (modern AU)
AND IM SORRY I HAVENT POSTED ANY NEW CHAPTERS I HAVE NO INSPIRATION
And btw this is like not in the story, it's a side thing. + in this little thing you birthday is at January 1st-

Author POV

You weren't a big fan of new years, it was too loud, and every fire would come as a surprise if you weren't paying attention. Do you usually sat inside in the library reading, why the others was watching the fire works outside.
Sometimes you also had panic attacks beca of the firework and the noise.

Tho this year, you wanted to try watching the fireworks with the other children, because you knew how much Emma, Ray and Norman like it so much, so you wanted to watch it with them.

"You know you don't have to watch it if you don't want to." Ray said while walking beside you, "yeah I know, but I want to see how it is from outside of the house, not the window in the library." You answered simply, "But do tell me when you want to go inside or if it's too much for you" He stopped in front of you making you stop too. "I will, I promise." You tried getting past him but he stopped you. "Pinky promise?" He raised his pinky, "really?" You looked at his pinky. "You know what we said about pinky promises." He said, making you sigh.

"Pinky promise, I guess." You finally gave in and intertwined your pinky with his.
"Make a pinky promise, you keep it all your life. Break a pinky promise, I throw you on the ice. The cold will kill the pinky, that once betrayed your friend. The frost will freeze your younger off, so you can never lie again." You two said in sync (I know Teucer(Genshin impact Childe story quest) said this but Imma say Ray and Y/N did)

The clock was 11:28 pm, and soon it's a new year, the children were having playing In the snow while waiting, and you and Ray was reading under a tree.
Norman was helping some of the youngest ones on building a snowman, and Emma had a snowball fight with Don and Nat.

"'A trembling, tender laugh, escaped Akaashi.' Hey are you even listening?!" Ray asked, and you flinched at his voice being so loud.  "Yeah sorry.. How long is it until midnight?" You looked at him. He got his clock out and looked at it "7 minutes.."

"Hey I wanna show you a place." Ray got up. "Where?" You asked aa Ray extended his hand to you. "Somewhere. You'll see soon."
You took his hand and stood up.

Just as you two were about to start walking to the place, mom came. "Hey, where are you two going? The fire works start soon!" Mom asked.
"I'm just gonna show Y/N something." Ray answered bluntly, "alright, but do try to come back to the fire works."
"Yeah yeah"

"Where is the place you gonna show me?" You asked, tryna not get so much snow in your boots. Ray noticed and stopped.
You stopped right in front of him and gave him a confused look.
He came closer to you, and picked you up bridal style.
"Hey! Let me down! I can walk on my own!!" You started hitting him lightly, "No can do!" He chuckled, giving you a smirk, making you pout.

"And voila! Isn't it pretty here? It's a beautiful place to watch the fireworks too." Ray said, putting you down.
"There's a thing I've wanted to do..." he quietly said, "which is?" You gave him a confused look.
He took out his pocket watch again, and looked at it for a minute before putting it back and starting to count down from 10

"10... 9... 8... 7..." he started "6... 5... 4... 3..." you continued. "2..." you both said. But Ray stopped there and looked at you, raising his hand you cup you cheek. "...1...." You said quietly, and he leaned in.

He pressed his lips against yours, and he caressed you cheek.
You were in shook by his action, but once you understood what he had done, you kissed him back.

It was a short and simple kiss, like a little peck on the cheek. But it was enough to make you get completely red.

"Happy new year Y/N. Anddd... happy birthday." He whispered, hugging you thigh and hiding his face in the crook of your neck.
You were still in shook, but after some time, you wrapped you arms around him. "Happy new year, Ray..." you smiled.

Ray looked up at the sky and saw the fireworks getting shoot up in the sky.
When you felt his head move from you neck, you looked over at him and saw the light from the fireworks in his eyes.

You also looked up at the fireworks.
"It's really beautiful..." you said quietly, earning a 'mhm' from Ray.
"Wait! Don't we need to get back to the house?" You asked.
"Just calm down." Ray let you go from the hug and chuckled a bit.

"Soooo, I'm assuming you like me too, by your reaction" he smirked.
"Yeah I guess." You looked away and hid you face a bit in your scarf.
"But-" you got cutoff by Ray, "I know what you'll say, 'What if we get caught? Mom will know our weakness and ship one of us out and ruin our plann'" He said, trying to imitate you.

"I've talked to her... or, she has talked to me about it. She said she won't do anything." He assured you. "Soo, wanna try it out?" He finally asked.
"Fine alright."

You both walked back to the house. You said you wanted to try keep it a secret from Emma and the others, and he agreed.

"What took you so long?" Emma asked, seeing that you were completely red.
"We talked? Can't I talk to my friend?" Ray looked at her.
Emma leaned in to whisper something to Norman.

"Do you know why Y/N is blushing?" Emma said, looking at Y/N. Norman shrugged

"WAIIITTTTTT" Norman basically flinched when Emma talked.
Y/n looked at Emma nervously
'She didn't figure it out, right?' 

"I'm gonna go inside, I'm feeling a bit tired. Bye..." Y/N quietly said starting to walk away. "Yeah same." Ray followed
"But, you guysss!!" Emma whined, "let them sleep Emma, They're probably really tired." Norman said, patting Emma on her back.
"Goodnight you two!" He waved to Ray and Y/N, "Night." Ray simply said.

"I think Emma knows.. She's gonna bombard me with questions tomorrow." Y/n sighed, "You can say you're sick, and I can bring in food for you so you can avoid her." Ray put his hands in his pockets.
"But mom?" She looked at him, "We'll say you got sick from the cold. She knows you're not used to the cold so." He looked behind him to see if anyone could see them, and then took Y/n's hand, pulling her a bit closer to him.

"Thank you..."

Yayyyyyyyy, updateee, don't expect me to post another chapter because  I have no motivation at all :D
I might post a new years special chapter for my Xiao book thooooo-
But ok anywaysss-
Happy new year?