CHAPTER ONE: A BUDDING FLOWER.

THE INTRICACIES OF THE MIND (PART ONE)

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

THE INTRICACIES OF THE MIND (PART ONE).
════════════════════════════════

Uzumaki Umeji could be described in two words.

Unpredictable and confusing.

Though those two words often went hand in hand, and were somewhat synonyms of each other based on the idea that an unpredictable person was bound to be confusing to be around, the young red headed girl seemed to have separated the two into their own separate categories simply by existing within the village hidden in the leaves all on her lonesome.

Well, mostly on her lonesome.

She had a friend, a tiny cat named Shinobu who she had found sometime between walking to the academy and or skipping it entirely to sleep on the roof of a dango shop, but Shinobu wasn't exactly the point of this story, even if the cat was probably a much better alternative to the actual protagonist, who—as established before, was a very confusing and unpredictable person to be around.

And not just because her name essentially met plum child but her hair was as red as a tomato.

The whole reason why Umeji was such an individual could be found lying in the drawers of her teacher's desks—more accurately, on the scores of her tests and sheets of homework that, while being completely and utterly crap (excuse the language, really) was somehow even more of a reflection of who Umeji was, and who she wasn't.

In particular, why she couldn't solve tests on history but was able to correctly guess and solve mathematical equations far beyond those of her peers who were miles ahead of her in terms academic achievement.

And, really, Iruka would be doubling down on the girl to study and focus if he could, if Umeji wasn't currently angrily protesting against the idea of detention for something she caused.

"Sensei, with all due respect, this is fucking bullshit!"

It's a Tuesday afternoon, with the sun shining through his office window and spring slowly coming forth, blooming into the village with the trees gaining their sakura leaves, and Iruka was stuck with a mound of paperwork that all pertained to one individual who was currently debating her case of being fully justified in standing up during her mathematics class, on top of the desk no less, and ripping into her math Sensei as if the woman had somehow personally wronged her.

"Language, Uzumaki-san." He pinches the bridge of his nose, watching as the girl huffed and pointed repeatedly towards the chalkboard in the office that she had used to scribble the math that her Sensei was supposedly teaching, showing in every little detail how the Sensei was wrong, she was right, and that it was enough reason to not only take away the detention given to her but to fire said Sensei in question.

Higabana | ᴺᴬᴿᵁᵀᴼजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें