Dodge the Lightning Bolt [With a Twist]

Saw this as an unfinished draft in someone else's book, made this with it, enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you were to ask the Guilds of Atlantide of what they feared most, the answer would surprise you. I mean, who could be scared of a two guild training session?! Sure you have to dodge literal LIGHTNING, but what could be worse than that?!

But to the Guilds and those who are apart of them? This fear was 100% the most rational thing to be afraid of, especially to those that were there on that fateful day. Heck, even Viper, VIPER, is afraid of it, and he wasn't even there. But where did this fear start?

How could one training session with The Protectors Guild change the way they saw a game of dodging lightning?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

*FLASHBACK~*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It all started on a gloomy day, as slivers of light shone from the sky. Why was that day so gloomy, you ask? Well, The Protectors had recently lost their guild leader, Bri, after an attack on the guild hall, and the weather reflected the mood perfectly.

Devastated and fearful that another attack would happen, The Protectors went to the only other guild that would help them, Divinus Magia. The guild leaders, Brandon and Ritchie, had gladly let them stay, on the account that they would train as hard as they could to get stronger, so they could return to their homes and proper guild hall.

When all was said and both ends on terms with each other, they began to slowly regain their strengths with each other, as well as the other guild.

Soon came the day everything would change, and all it took was a bored Ritchie and his noisy guildmates. Chatter sounded throughout the guild hall, as the two guilds communicated and fought. (Though, the fighting was mainly David trying to get Kay and Jakey to stop baking cookies)

"GET BACK HERE!!" David yelled, as the two bakers ran, cookies within their grasp, giggling.

Ritchie watched as they ran, creeping closer to the two dragon slayers, who watched in faint amusement and worry.

"Does he always get like this?" Bryan askes, genuinely curious.

"No, he's just restless, that's all." Mario assured the younger, Not noticing his guild master listening nearby.

"If you don't mind me asking, why is David restless?"

"Its just, since you and The Protectors came, we haven't found any time to train, Its not like I mind though, its a nice break from our usual schedule."

Interest piqued, the blue haired mage continued to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"W-wait, really?!" The shorter exclaimed.

"Well, I mean, hard to train then this is happening." he pointedly looks towards the ongoing chaos that was the Time mage, redhead and Stripper.

And Ritchie, being the caring angel he is, with absolutely nothing but good intent in his definitely angelic eyes, generously shouts out for everyone to here, "Why don't we train for a bit...I'm sure we can get those battle instincts back into shape with a game of 'Dodge the Lightning Bolt', what do you say?"

Everyone, excluding The Protectors, freeze. While the people of Divinus Magia were terrified and in a state of frozen panic, the others were confused as to why they were in the first place. Everything was silent, until...

"Really brother? The Protectors don't even know what that is..." Brandon said, announcing his presence.

The Protectors nod in hesitant agreement, wondering what could have the so called 'fearless' Divinus Magia so sorrowful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

T   I   M   E      S   K   I   P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally arriving at the training area, both guilds ready themselves for what's to come, Divinus Magia more than the others, as they know what to expect. Chuckling cutely (Read as Maniacally), Ritchie began to explain the 'game', "The rules are simple, I use my magic to summon lightning around the training grounds, and you try to avoid them. But, don't get too cocky, not even the best of our mages have beat it before."

"Well that's not cryptic-" Kay mumbled, sarcasm dripping from her tone.

Suddenly, lightning began to strike sporadically, not once allowing its victims time to react; as it flashes around, all that could be heard was the banging of lightning, and the screams of its prey. First went The Protectors, then the people of Divinus Magia. When the lightning stopped, Ritchie looked upon the victims of his magic, and was startled when he saw someone standing, unaffected by the lightning, "Wait.. Bryan?"

The two guilds look up and, sure enough, there stands Bryan without as much as a scratch on his body. Looking at them, he says, "What, is there something on my face?"

"...Bryan, no one has lasted this far before..."

"Hmm, well that's...odd."

"Odd indeed.."

"...Hey, Ritchie," Bryan began, "Do you think we could maybe...spice this up a little?"

A surprised look appeared on the God Slayers face, before he agreed to the proposition, whole-heartedly enjoying the looks of dismay that appeared on the faces of the two guilds. Huddled together, they plan for the added 'spice' in the game, while the guild members regain their bearings and heal up with Lo' pho's magic. Returning to their guildmates with mischievous grins, Bryan announces, "Round two, we have decided to combine our powers into a newer, more deadly game, called Dodge the Firebolt!"

Taking over, Ritchie adds, "Where we use both Dragon and God slayer magic combined and fire at you at random!"

This, admittedly, spikes fear into the hearts of the God slayers last victims, but the game had already commenced and, as they feared, lightning charged fire fell from above.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

*FLASHBACK~*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever since that day, Bryan and Ritchie were, at all times, kept separated, as they feared it may happen again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not updating sooner!!