Texts

Zayn had been right about Louis teasing him nonstop. The lad had nearly told Liam about his little crush, even when he knew Zayn would kill him for it. If Louis wanted Zayn to come to his birthday party the next day, he would have to be nicer than that. Although Zayn knew he would come anyway. He couldn't just not come to his best mate's birthday party.

Zayn felt the familiar vibration of his phone when he got a notification. Some text from a number he didn't recognize. He was confused, wondering who had gotten his number. He hadn't given anyone his number. Zayn opened the text, reading what it said.

'Hi, it's Liam. I hope this is Zayn, because if it isn't, I feel like an idiot.'

Zayn was going to kill Louis. Why the hell would he think giving Liam his number was okay? Zayn liked Liam, of course, but he could have given the number to Liam on his own. Zayn sent a quick text back, saying it was him, and that Liam could text him whenever. Liam had responded almost instantly, thanking Zayn for allowing him to text him. Not that he needed to thank Zayn. Zayn was the one who should be thanking Liam for texting.

For the rest of that night, Liam and Zayn texted back and forth, keeping each other up pretty much all night. Zayn didn't mind though. It was nice to be talking to someone other than Louis or Harry.