ONISM

( ONISM )

TO ACQUIRE KNOWLEDGE, TO SOME, WAS CONSIDERED A PRIVILEGE. To know what you want felt like a privilege. To get what you want was an even bigger privilege. It was a privilege Tarinne Alinac didn't have. She thought she knew everything she wanted in life. She thought she was getting everything that she wanted. But it didn't take her long to realize that she didn't.

She thought she wanted to be a knight. She thought she wanted to serve Tir Asleen and protect the people there. She thought, she thought, she thought.

But in all honesty, she didn't want any of that. What she truly wanted was to have freedom. Freedom from the pressure of everything. The freedom to be able to make choices for herself. Freedom to just be.

She didn't want to be a knight. She didn't want to serve Tir Asleen. She didn't even like Tir Asleen. If she had a choice, she would run away and never look back. But she couldn't do that. She had a duty. She had to become a knight. She had to make her father proud. Even if it wasn't what she wanted. What she wanted didn't matter. Besides, she never got what she wanted.

While Tarinne didn't know where she wanted to her life to go, she did know one thing. She did not want to travel beyond the Shattered Sea to the Immemorial City to save Prince Airk of Tir Asleen who had been kidnapped by creatures called The Gales on behalf of someone called The Crone. She did not want to do that.

But she unfortunately didn't have a choice. Because if she wanted to be a knight (which we've already established she did not) these were the types of duties she would have to fulfill, according to her father.

And sure the idea of exploring the world outside of Tir Asleen was something she has thought about. But she had come to terms with the fact that realistically, that wouldn't happen. Because she was aware of how little of the world she would truly experience. And while it was frustrating, there wasn't anything she could really do about it. She was a realist, you could say. But now that she actually had a chance to explore the world, albeit not under the best of circumstances, she would much rather stay in Tir Asleen.

But we've already established that she never got what she wanted.

So, against her will, she is forced to go on a dangerous journey with her rival and former friend, the Princess of Tir Asleen, a kitchen maid, the Prince of Galladoorn, and a thief in search for a great sorcerer who could help them find and save Airk.

What could possibly... well, you know the saying.

S T A R R I N G. . . .

BETHANY ANTONIA
AS
TARINNE ALINAC

BETHANY ANTONIAASTARINNE ALINAC