Kidnapped

The alarm blared to life that morning and Chloe blearly blinked her eyes and slammed and hand down on her alarm clock. She yawned. Was it time to get up already? It wasn't that she had any plans, per se, but today was the last day of her vacation. For the past week, she'd been in Florida. Tomorrow she'd have to go back home to Ohio. She shivered, fighting off the invisible cold. She really liked it here. If it were up to her she'd stay here. She had a job, though. One she hated, she reminded herself. She also had her family, but they didn't really get along. The more she thought about it, did she really have to go back. She sighed. She knew she had to, but she would enjoy this last day. She got out of the bed and took a quick shower. After the shower, she brushed her long brown hair out, checking her reflection in the mirror. She thought about putting on makeup, but after taking in her natural looks, her hazel eyes, and natural pouty blush lips, she decided against it. She dressed casually and left her hotel room, taking her cell phone with her. She had one final sight she wanted to check out. 

Once Chloe arrived at the sight of her final tourist attraction she saw that there was a sign that said phones were not allowed. She begrudgingly left hers in the car. The parking lot was surprisingly empty, except for the cars, which told her that the show had either started or was about to start. Chloe huffed and started to walk through the parking lot. She didn't want to be late for this. It was supposed to be the best show in the area. She didn't notice that someone was creeping up behind her. Suddenly strong arms gripped her around her waist and another around her mouth. It all happened so quickly that she didn't have time to react. Before she knew it something was stuck into her neck and everything went black.

When she woke up her wrists and ankles were bound, her mouth was gagged, and she seemed to be in the back of some type of vehicle. She had no idea how long she'd been unconscious, but her head hurt and she was hungry. She was vaguely aware that she needed to go to the bathroom, the tears that had run down her cheeks at some point, and parts of her body that itched and scratched, probably from her body being moved around on the carpet under her. Eventually, the vehicle stopped. Chloe felt like her whole body tensed up as the back of the vehicle opened up and the person who kidnapped her grabbed her and threw her over his shoulder like she weighed nothing. As they walked she felt the prick of a needle and her world went dark again.

This time when she woke up she was in a hospital bed. She wasn't gagged, and her wrists nor ankles were tied. Maybe it'd all been a dream? Chloe looked at her wrist, but there were red lines on it. Maybe it hadn't been. She attempted to get out of bed, but two straps held her down to the bed. She finally lost it and now that she wasn't gagged she yelled, "Help! Someone you have to help me!"

Almost immediately a man opened the door. He was handsome enough. He appeared to be in his 30s, with perfectly styled blond hair, deep-set green eyes, with flecks of gold, and a neatly kept goatee. Chloe eyed him warily, but at the same time, he could help her. "Are... are you here to help me?"

"In a way," he said.

"I don't understand," she said, her voice climbing higher.

"That's why I'm here," he consulted the clipboard in his hands.

"Where am I?"

"Haywire Ranch," he explained.

Chloe looked at him puzzled. The man just continued on as if this didn't bother him one bit, "So... What is your name? I'm Dr. Applin."

"My name's... Chloe," she said trying to figure out exactly what he wanted.

He shook his head, "No, that just won't do. You'll have to choose a new one. How about Bessie, Clarabelle, Nellie, Annabelle, Betsie, or Daisy?"

"Wh-What? No! I like my own name, thank you very much!"

"If you don't choose then I'll be forced to choose for you."

"I don't think so! My name's Chloe. End of story!" she would've stomped her foot if she could.

"Alright, Daisy it is," Dr. Applin said.

"No!"

She gulped as Dr. Applin walked closer to her with a needle filled with blue liquid. He cleaned the syringe as he walked. "Wh-What are you going to do to me?" Chloe was near tears.

"You are joining the herd, my dear," he said mysteriously.

She began to thrash in the bed against her bonds and sobbed, "Please! Just leave me alone. I didn't do anything wrong. Please! Just let me live my life."

"Oh, but you will live your life, Dr. Applin chuckled and tried to soothe. "You will live an amazing life, full of everything you ever wanted. You will have plenty of food and water, a roof over your head, and an amazing purpose."

"And that purpose is...?"

"You'll see soon enough."