Chapter 3: Operation Thunderstorm

You sighed contently sitting on your couch after a long week of training. Today of course just had to be G-Force testing. You walked to your bedroom to start undressing out of your flight suit and into pajama pants and a comfy shirt.

You planned to make a simple dinner and grab a book and sit in complete silence after being around chatty aviators all day. You had just pulled on your Hogwarts pajama pants when there was a knock on your front door. You just remained still and quiet, hoping the guest invader would give up assuming you just weren't home. Or maybe they would realize they had knocked on the wrong door.

"Sunshine... I know you are in there..." Jake's sing-songy voice called out and you huffed.

You couldn't resist him. Plus he had found your extra key under the cat statue you had out front, so he could get in if he wanted to. You walked around and opened the door, letting him get a full taste of you being in your hobo clothes.

"Yes, Lt. Seresin?" You asked a little irritated, keeping your eyes deadlocked on his face.

"Stand down, Lt. Frost. I was just inviting you out to play some beach football with all of us at the Hard Deck." Jake offered taking a step into your living room.

You let him and moved away from the door towards the safety of your kitchen. You had learned that if you kept some space from the handsome Texas boy, you could keep a clear head.

"I think I'm gonna pass. I have a long list of books that I brought with me to read." You picked up the book laying on the counter as proof.

You moved into the kitchen to start and create something for dinner.

"You can read on the beach. Penny balances her books while we play. And Amelia told me that she needs your help with homework." Jake explained rounding your kitchen island to approach you into the kitchen.

"I'm not wearing a swimsuit if that's your goal here, Jake." You warned trying to keep what little ground you had in the kitchen.

"Who needs a swimsuit when this attire is already working wonders on me..." Jake teased pulling on your faded college shirt.

There he was, the seducer. He knew where your line was deeply dug in the sand and he would just stand on top of it. Never crossing it, but filling it in a little each time. Making the line all the more difficult to see.

"Why do you want me there then? No swimsuit. No football. And I'm reading the entire time. What's left in your pro column?" You asked looking up at him. He had pinned you into the corner between your fridge and the back wall.

"You being there. That's all I want. Not as Lt. Frost. But just as you. In any form, I can get." Jake explained, his smile too damn sweet on his face.

"You know how to lay the charm on, don't ya?" You teased sighing in defeat as you pushed past him to go change.

"It's one of my special talents, Sweets," Jake answered waiting in the living room.

Picking up the book you had abandoned on the counter. "The Hobbit" by J. R. R. Tolkein was faded on the front of it as if it had changed hands a lot. Jake couldn't even think of the last time he read for fun. And here you were reading a book thicker than an F-18 NATOPS manual.

"Okay, let's go." You sighed pushing up the sunglasses Jake had given you when you first met to keep the flyaways off your face.

"Hold on there, cowgirl. You gotta let a man enjoy the show first." Jake called out. Take full advantage to give you a slow once over before nodding his head in approval.

You had changed into jean shorts that he wondered if you had cut out of an old pair of jeans and a black tank top that showed off your chest in a delicious way. He hadn't had a chance to see much of your skin since you two had started flirting.